We have a 2012 X213. My first camping experience so I have no comparison with other trailers.
Read the other list of pros/cons and will add a couple:
* Love the fact that you have the drawers and closet right at the door. We keep sunscreen, mosquito stuff, BBQ lighter, etc. right there. So easy to access! Also the same for jackets when we need them.
* Love the drawers in the kitchen area for cutlery and such (I don't think the X254 has this).
* I thought the storage was minimal when we were looking at it (limited on what we could buy with our TV). However, after having used it on a 2 week vacation last year, there was totally enough space for us (family of 4).
* King size bed is GREAT! Love all the space. Our mattress is nicer (think the previous owner upgraded it perhaps). We use king sheets and a queen comforter on it.
* The single bar in the closet isn't idea. I use storage bags to hold my towels and such in the back section. I could get DH to build a shelf if I really wanted it I suppose. It is also dark but a touch light is easy to add.
* Wish there was a medicine cabinet for extra storage in the bathroom. We use the bathtub to put our laundry bin in so it doesn't move around when we travel.
* I wish there was a place for me to store our kids clothes. I use one of those material under the bed storage bags. It just slips under the bottom bunk. Have to see how that will work this year as we need to get a ladder for the top bunk to use it now.
* TV placement is less than idea. Why didn't they do a flip mount under the cabinet and put a real cabinet in there instead? Not sure if the 2015 is the same or not for this.
* Outdoor storage is too small. Thankfully we have a pickup and DH stores things in the back of that.
* The kids mattress cushions were HORRIBLE. We pulled them out and bought 4" foam instead (twin size) and that is much better! We just used mattress protectors the seal them up.
* Counter space isn't the best but none really are. I use a cutting board over the stove top when I am prepping food.
* I wouldn't want as an adult to try and sleep on the couch (with the gap) or at the kitchen table (unless I was alone as it isn't huge). But for our family of 4 we don't need this.
Overall we are really happy with our trailer. Suits us just perfectly!