Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakterp View Post
Can you please tell me the model # / item # on your CURT receiver that bolts directly to the frame? I'm looking on line and cannot find that.
Thank you for your time
I did see the Brand SAFETY STRUTS that bolts directly to frame and then you put the receiver onto that but not one from CURT??
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:48 AM   #22

Quote:
I did see the Brand SAFETY STRUTS that bolts directly to frame and then you put the receiver onto that but not one from CURT??
I think he may have been talking about the "CURT 13703 Class III Receiver Hitch" (just search Amazon). I'm thinking about putting one on my 29BHS as it bolts directly to the frame and is adjustable which is especially important on my year of 29BHS as the frame rail on the left makes a 6" jog to the left to make room for the waste tanks. So the frame is off center where it attaches to the bumper. I don't trust the bumper as I had a bumper fail on an old TT I had, didn't lose anything but it cracked pretty badly and all I had on it was the factory spare tire mount.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #23

I can relate: bedroom does feel tight but far better than the rest of the beds available!! I also don't tell others how many it can sleep for the same reason! We don't have any children so it feels great for the 2 of us and our dog. We doyuse the outside cooking much and don't mind the smell of good food cooked inside (smile) the first time I did use the outside cooking water went everywhere due to the hose not being tightened on outside sink
Old 03-16-2017, 12:19 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwindone View Post
I think he may have been talking about the "CURT 13703 Class III Receiver Hitch" (just search Amazon). I'm thinking about putting one on my 29BHS as it bolts directly to the frame and is adjustable which is especially important on my year of 29BHS as the frame rail on the left makes a 6" jog to the left to make room for the waste tanks. So the frame is off center where it attaches to the bumper. I don't trust the bumper as I had a bumper fail on an old TT I had, didn't lose anything but it cracked pretty badly and all I had on it was the factory spare tire mount.
Thanks, I did see that one but it says it is for a truck and not an RV?
I also went on their website and viewed the movie clip and nothing about an RV Bumper? My fear is the width of the mount won't be exactly what my frame is and it's not adjustable
Old 03-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflake View Post
Wow what were the symptoms of the water heater issue? Controls or the electric heater? We had some issues as well but it was all small stuff. A radio speaker, tv Wouldn't latch on the bedroom side. Few led in the outdoor strip quit working.
I also had an issue with hot water heater. I called the dealer and they talked me through it over the phone. I can't remember exactly what I did but I think I had to turn off all the gas and turn it back on and re-light it from the outside and it came on. Somehow when I went from gas to electric back to gas an auto pilot didn't fire up (I think?)
Old 03-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Thanks, I did see that one but it says it is for a truck and not an RV?
I also went on their website and viewed the movie clip and nothing about an RV Bumper? My fear is the width of the mount won't be exactly what my frame is and it's not adjustable
I take that back, when I went to ETRAILER it does show it as adjustable!
Awesome and many thanks!!
Old 03-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #27

No that was what I was talking about. If you pull it out it makes it easier to
See from the couch.

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins
2016 Jayco Jay Flight Elite 27BHS
Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:34 PM   #28

Quote:
I really like mine. I have had the same issue with the tv, need to check to see if it will swivel out? My tv antenna has never picked up local tv so I have only used cable & dvd's. The dealer recently told me there is a switch to turn on antenna or something like that? I really like the outside shower for my dog and kayak gear! I like the LED outside lights and electric tongue & awning! Also has plenty of storage which is huge for us bec we always over-pack! Now I am working on adding a bike rack hitch. Thinking of the SAFETY STRUTS or possibly taking it to a welder for extra re-inforcement?
Mine didn't pick up anything on the antenna either. I found a coax jumper just below the tv by the radio/DVD player that was plugged in wrong. After I changed that I could see live tv on the antenna. Sorry the picture loaded the wrong direction. The white plug is behind the small narrow compartment to the right of the DVD player.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2501.jpg  

Old 03-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #29

Quote:
Can you please tell me the model # / item # on your CURT receiver that bolts directly to the frame? I'm looking on line and cannot find that.
Thank you for your time

Curt #13703 from the picture on line. I can't remember the part number for sure, but it adjusts from minimum to like 72" in width. The box when it came was so heavy, it almost caused my FIL to drop it and leave it until I came home from work. I think it's over 125#... for a hitch.

Easy install. I had to relocate my back stabilizer jacks, but the self-tapping screws I pulled out and used bolts... FOUR, not two like Jayco. The drilling of the frame was easy, and the kit had all needed to even do tube frames. My frame was I-beam.

Any questions, ask away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
Pretty new to the rv scene, but from what I've read, even though there may be a bike rack that will work the bumpers were not designed to carry a load like that. Over time the stress of the constant up and down forces exerted on the bumper can make the bumper fail...I did come across this product in my many hours of mindlessly searching through trailer forums and videos...maybe even led through a pist already in the forum. https://youtu.be/W7Ys33KTxHg Anyways this may be something that could work.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
I am also new to the RV scene - had no idea of the vast amount of RV communities here in North America, WOW!
I looked at the video link you provided and from what I can tell, that won't work on my 2016 Jayco Jayflight. I measured my bumpers tonight and it seems my bumper is recessed out about 10" (more or less) from the actual I-frame. It has another 4" hollow square tube that continues the straight line from the I-frame welded to the 4" square bumper. So there is about 8"-12" of hollow square tubing that needs to be re-inforced.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #31

Quote:
It should have a mounting arm. Just pull the tv straight out. It swivels. Doesn't just turn around to the bedroom.
I'm not sure that mine pulls out. I bought an after-market TV & mount from Wal-Mart and had my dealership install it before I drove it home. The Jayco price was double what I paid because the dealership did the labor for free as part of the deal. It does swivel but now I'm wishing I had the pull-out & swivel as it's not practical for 2 people to watch tv from the couch :-(
Old 03-16-2017, 08:22 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfirekid View Post
Curt #13703 from the picture on line. I can't remember the part number for sure, but it adjusts from minimum to like 72" in width. The box when it came was so heavy, it almost caused my FIL to drop it and leave it until I came home from work. I think it's over 125#... for a hitch.

Easy install. I had to relocate my back stabilizer jacks, but the self-tapping screws I pulled out and used bolts... FOUR, not two like Jayco. The drilling of the frame was easy, and the kit had all needed to even do tube frames. My frame was I-beam.

Any questions, ask away!

Thanks kampfirekid. Would you be able to take some pictures of the underneath?
I didn't know I could relocate the stabilizer jacks. That's a good idea!
I also have a gas hose that is down there on one of the welded mounts.
I have around 10 inches from the end of the I-frame to the actual bumper. As I posted recently - there is another 4"square hollow tubing welded onto the end of the I-frame & welded to the actual bumper? Is this how your ELITE is set-up? Or does your I-frame come all the way to the end of the trailer?? In my situation I think the actual receiver would sit behind the bumper??? Do you know how long the tongue is from the crossbars to the opening of the receiver??
Old 03-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #33

Quote:
Thanks kampfirekid. Would you be able to take some pictures of the underneath?

I didn't know I could relocate the stabilizer jacks. That's a good idea!

I also have a gas hose that is down there on one of the welded mounts.

I have around 10 inches from the end of the I-frame to the actual bumper. As I posted recently - there is another 4"square hollow tubing welded onto the end of the I-frame & welded to the actual bumper? Is this how your ELITE is set-up? Or does your I-frame come all the way to the end of the trailer?? In my situation I think the actual receiver would sit behind the bumper??? Do you know how long the tongue is from the crossbars to the opening of the receiver??

Sorry, no pictures. We sold the 32BHDS last year, and are in the process of looking for another shorter unit now. That's another story I'd tell through a glass full of dark beer.
Anyway, your setup is like ours was. Because of the struts holding the bumper out, I had to mount the plates for the hitch farther in under the trailer. That required a 10" extender to be inserted in the receiver to get it out near the bumper. If I had a welder then, I'd have cut the bumper off, put the hitch far back, and re-welded the bumper back on to the hitch brackets. The only reason I needed the extender was my bike rack was a Draftmaster, where bikes stood vertically. It was too tight to the bumper. With a tray type rack, an extender would not have been needed.
I can say that we were considering a White Hawk, and while we really like the fit, finish, decor, etc. I feel much better with the solid frame on the Flights. They seem to me to flex substantially less than these lightweight frames like the Norco, and I can't install a Curt hitch on the Norco, let alone weld something appreciable to the Swiss cheese frame.

kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfirekid View Post
Sorry, no pictures. We sold the 32BHDS last year, and are in the process of looking for another shorter unit now. That's another story I'd tell through a glass full of dark beer.
Anyway, your setup is like ours was. Because of the struts holding the bumper out, I had to mount the plates for the hitch farther in under the trailer. That required a 10" extender to be inserted in the receiver to get it out near the bumper. If I had a welder then, I'd have cut the bumper off, put the hitch far back, and re-welded the bumper back on to the hitch brackets. The only reason I needed the extender was my bike rack was a Draftmaster, where bikes stood vertically. It was too tight to the bumper. With a tray type rack, an extender would not have been needed.
I can say that we were considering a White Hawk, and while we really like the fit, finish, decor, etc. I feel much better with the solid frame on the Flights. They seem to me to flex substantially less than these lightweight frames like the Norco, and I can't install a Curt hitch on the Norco, let alone weld something appreciable to the Swiss cheese frame.

Sounds like you have an 'interesting' story, with our without a full glass of dark beer!!
Don't know too many people that are 'down-sizing' as opposed to 'up-grading' to something bigger!
Old 03-25-2017, 07:40 PM   #35

Brought our 2017 27BHS home last weekend. Bought it because my DW and grandson said we need a bunkhouse and I wanted an outside kitchen. I do all my cooking outside.
Can't wait for the weather to get warmer to try it out.

Regarding the TV reception, there is a small green button on the 12 volt plug mounting plate in the glass front cabinet to the right of the radio which I was told was an amplifier for the TV. Kinda hard to see but if you feel around the 12 volt plug you should feel it. And it lights up when turned on.
NYMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:25 PM   #36

I never even saw this on mine. It has a small round button right by a green led light. Anyone else confirm that this is a signal booster?

Old 03-26-2017, 06:08 AM   #37

Yes, it is the signal booster, without it on you won't get any channels at all most likely. Mine will pull in channels up to 50 miles or so away. It also powers the 12 volt socket next to the button.
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:39 PM   #38

I did check the 12v outlet. Mine was hot all the time with the switch on or off.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:46 AM   #39

Quote:
I never even saw this on mine. It has a small round button right by a green led light. Anyone else confirm that this is a signal booster?
Regarding that antenna booster, dealer, as well as some campgrounds have told me to turn it off if you plug into cable at the campground. We've never hooked up to cable, probably never will in this unit, but keep that in mind if you ever do, apparently it will make your cable signal unreadable.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:34 PM   #40

Good to know, thank you!