Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2016, 09:46 PM   #11

I've got a 2016 24 rbs that springs a water leak from a different spot everytime we take it out. Also the refrigerator and freezer are about useless. Other than that she's a peach. I have zero faith in the service dept at my dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

doo800XRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in calif View Post
I have a 2012 Jayco Jayflight 29 RLDS that i bought new in 2012. I'm glad it came with a 2 year warranty because almost every time I took it out something went wrong. Then to top it off the dealer usually had it for a month. Lots of the repairs were small things but I had to wait my turn the dealer said. When I bought it there he said since I bought it there I wouldn't have to wait long for repairs, boy I wonder how long I would have had to wait if I bought it somewhere else.
The end trim pieces of my slide (looks like press wood) fell apart, pantry door was warped, carpet edging came off slide wasn't lined up properly, shower knob was striped, left wheel was throwing grease all over the wheel, just to name a few.

My next trailer will be a Forest River
I wouldn't say that too loud Might be posting the same issues or more on their forum, which I'm still on. Been there done that. In reality, they all pretty much suck. Just gotta pick the best bang for the buck at the time and be willing to fix the issues. I've got quite the stories on FR and Tiffin having had both. My 28BHBE has actually been one of the better ones of the 8 we have owned, but it didn't come without a few issues here and there. My thread http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...hbe-30052.html covers a few. Most of that though, is just getting things up to my standards. I've only had a few problem free rigs, and they weren't FR or Jayco. Matter a fact, they don't make them any more.

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #13

My last TT was a Forest River, and it was OK. I honestly believe the new White Hawk is a better-built trailer. I worked on the FR Surveyor a lot. I'll work on the White Hawk a lot. I hope to work on the White Hawk a lot................... less.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
I wouldn't say that too loud Might be posting the same issues or more on their forum, which I'm still on. Been there done that. In reality, they all pretty much suck. Just gotta pick the best bang for the buck at the time and be willing to fix the issues. I've got quite the stories on FR and Tiffin having had both. My 28BHBE has actually been one of the better ones of the 8 we have owned, but it didn't come without a few issues here and there. My thread http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...hbe-30052.html covers a few. Most of that though, is just getting things up to my standards. I've only had a few problem free rigs, and they weren't FR or Jayco. Matter a fact, they don't make them any more.
^^ This is a fact.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:29 PM   #15

Have a 2016 Jayco 28 BHBE. My Coleman mach Air Conditioner went out after 12 times of using it, It had to be completely replaced. Compressor failed. Hope this isn't a sign of more to come.
Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:01 PM   #16

Nah. Coleman is the more reliable unit, believe me. Ask me or any dealer how many late model dometics (the smaller units with square t-stat) have been constantly repaired or replaced. I have my own history with them on a few Riga and will not own a Dometic AC, at least now with the 3 wire T-stats and junk control box.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
Have a 2016 Jayco 28 BHBE. My Coleman mach Air Conditioner went out after 12 times of using it, It had to be completely replaced. Compressor failed. Hope this isn't a sign of more to come.

But that AC was manufactured for Coleman, and Jayco just purchased the best bang for the buck... for all of us.

It's not fair to ding Jayco for the failures of a supplier.

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2007 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4x4 Z71
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:17 PM   #18

I don't agree, the whole idea behind brand reputation is that they take responsibility for the whole product. With that in mind, the Coleman units are relatively robust from my understanding but bound to have failures here and there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbailey View Post
But that AC was manufactured for Coleman, and Jayco just purchased the best bang for the buck... for all of us.

It's not fair to ding Jayco for the failures of a supplier.

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS

motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote