Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2016, 07:55 PM   #1

2016 Whitehawk 24MBH

Looking for some input and opinions.

Saw a 24MBH today and really like the layout and floorplan. Yellow sticker was around 5500# with about 1200 of cargo for a gross weight of 6700#. With our current set up, last time I weighed it, I had about 500lbs of cargo. Normally don't travel with full water, only a few gallons for bathroom breaks.

Currently have a 2013 Tahoe with tow package and 8200# capacity. Have a Blue Ox setup currently for weight distribution and sway

Occupants on most trips are myself, my wife and 2 kids. Typical cargo in back of Tahoe is usually a cooler or two, some chairs and that is really about it.

Just looking for thoughts on this set up and if you would do it or is it pushing the limits? We are in the Illinois and normally stay within a couple of a hundred miles of home.

Thanks in advance! I know, CAT scale is best way to confirm for sure, but I don't want to even think about pursuing if it is not going to be safe to think about.

Scott
scottyt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:00 PM   #2

You will be maxed out or exceeding the Tahoe's payload but it will tow just fine. For reference I have a 2016 23MBH and the factory sticker says the tongue weight is 550lbs. By the time I load all of our gear for a family of 4 the tongue weight is 850-950lbs.

Btw I love the 24mbh layout. It came out literally weeks after we ordered our 23mbh. I wish our dealer had known it was coming out as we would have waited.