Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2017, 04:33 PM   #1

2017 Jayco Eagle HT 324bhts Rainier Tires

I have a question for anyone running the Rainier ST225/75/r15 E tires. Are they holding up? I ask this because we may be trading in our 2014 eagle 314bhds on this model and I just upgraded the Towmax load range D tires to Carlisle Radial Trail HD load range E. The new camper has the E rated tires which I am glad but just not sure about the Rainiers. I did not have any issues out of the towmax tires I had on our current tt even though so many people think they are horrible tires. I am religious about checking tire pressures on every trip and always run at max pressure. I am contemplating having my dealer switch the tires but not real sure if its worth the hassle to me and them. I really have no concrete data that the Carlisle's I just purchased are any better than the Rainiers either. Both made in China just Carlisle is an American company. Thanks for any info.

2015 Ram 2500 6.4l hemi, 4x4,ccsb,4.10 gears.- GONE!
2005 Ford F250 4x4,ccsb,6.8l v10,4.10 gears - (Traded for Ram)
15BlueStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:05 PM   #2

If the Carlisle tires are that new I would have the dealer switch them. I have the same trailer (15) this will be my 3rd summer on the tow max range d tires and about 6000km on them with no issues. I am planning on running them one more year and it will be Carlisle HD E rated when I change them. The tow max will be 5 years old (2013 build date on them...) The Carlisle are going to be a better tire for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk