Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #1

2017 Jayco White Hawk 28 DSBH - Great TT!

We finally received our 2017 White Hawk 28 DSBH last week and I must say, after being able to spend several hours looking it over (again), I am impressed by the build quality of this TT! We traded in a 2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670 BHS (Forest River product) and although that TT was just OK, the new White Hawk far surpasses the Tracer in quality. Everything just feels more solid. I think one of the much better aspects of the WH is the use of plywood in the floor, it just feels so much more solid than the Tracer's "bonded, foam sandwich" floor (which was developing soft spots everywhere!). Yes, the WH is about 1,000 lbs. heavier than the Tracer, but I can live with that if it means higher quality. The White Hawk seems to be a combination of lightweight and conventional (like a Jay Flight) build. There is wood framing on the inside underneath the beds, interior, etc., but the exterior walls are aluminum framed. It makes for a good combination of sturdiness and lightweight. So far I have only found a few things that needed to be fixed, a hanger bar in the front closet that fell off, the top drawer below the sink had a binding track, and there was a piece of molding in the bathroom that fell off. These were fixed by the dealer before PDI. All the cabinetry looks and operates flawlessly, very high quality. The couch/fold out bed is very sturdy and comfortable. We also ordered the Auto Level option which is nothing short of amazing! I love showing people how it works. I can literally back the trailer into it's spot, unhook the truck, press a few buttons on the control head, and then sit back with a beer and the trailer does it all! Yeah, I know, it's the lazy way, but dang it's cool! As far as TT stability with the auto level, I would say they are moderately more solid than the regular power jacks (we had those on our Tracer). Overall the TT is very stable with these jacks. As far as longevity, we'll see! We also ordered the interior table and chairs (instead of the run of the mill dinette) and the table is VERY solid and no wobble. The chairs are also very solid and have a real quality feel. We did lose some under bench storage with this option, but with all the other storage areas in this TT, that's not a problem. The table and chairs make it feel roomier and more high end !
All in all, we are very impressed with this Jayco! We take it out for the first time this Memorial Day weekend, can't wait!

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:26 AM   #2

Glad to hear it finally showed and you're happy with it. I love ours. It came I great shape. The auto leveling is awesome and has performed flawlessly for 6 trips now and 3 additional random set ups to show family.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Cirrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:39 AM   #3

Nice write up! From that I can tell you're about as excited as we were when we brought ours home. Our wish for you is that you enjoy it as much as we have. So far (since August) we've spent 31 nights in ours. We've exchanged the mattress (after one night ), added a ladder for the top bunk, added a switch to separate the step light from the awning LEDs. and spent a day plugging air leaks. Our only problem has been that the DVD player quit, and was promptly replaced by the dealer.

Congrats, and ENJOY!!