Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2016, 05:43 PM   #1

2017 White Hawk 28DSBH with Solid Surface Countertop - Pictures of sink?

I was wondering if any 2017 Jayco White Hawk 28 DSBH owners out there who ordered the solid surface countertop could post a picture of the sink? Is it a plastic or metal sink? Also, do you like the countertop? Getting ready to order a 28 DSBH and probably going for the solid surface counter. Any opinions would be appreciated! Thanks.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:58 PM   #2

Mine's a '16 and I have no pictures, but we got the solid surface tops. The sink is a nice under-hung unit and it looks like it will hold up. The sink covers are the same stuff as the countertops and the fit really nicely. I like the tops but more importantly, the wife loves them!!
Old 09-16-2016, 09:06 PM   #3

Here's ours, just what you asked for. Sink isn't metal but it's a 60/40 bowl, which we like, and durable. Do we like the counters? Sure, although they scratch easily. But you can periodically recondition the surface with the correct grit of Scotch-Brite pad (#7448) and water. The counters are made by LG, they're called HI-MACS. The best thing about them for us was that it's the only way to get an undermount sink. For some reason I can't attach more than a photo at a time, I'll post a couple more separately.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 09:07 PM   #4

Here it is uncovered.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 09-16-2016, 09:08 PM   #5

One more...
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 09-16-2016, 10:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Mine's a '16 and I have no pictures, but we got the solid surface tops. The sink is a nice under-hung unit and it looks like it will hold up. The sink covers are the same stuff as the countertops and the fit really nicely. I like the tops but more importantly, the wife loves them!!
Yep, the solid surface countertop was added by my wife.. Happy wife, happy life!

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
Old 09-16-2016, 10:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
One more...
Thanks Mikey. I've been checking out your photo album of your unit. Very nice! How do you like the electric stab jacks? We currently have them on our Tracer, and I like them. I've noticed there is more bounce in the camper than with manual jacks, but I really like how they adjust and apply even pressure on the ground when setting up. Will probably order them on the 28DSBH too. We are spec'ing ours out with 15k BTU a/c, glacier package, electric stab jacks, solid surface counter, and 5 way remote.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

Old 09-17-2016, 05:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnnew View Post
Thanks Mikey. I've been checking out your photo album of your unit. Very nice!
x2 on the photo album! The SS countertops are nice indeed! I really like your ladder mounted drying area. I'll have to get one of those!
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:15 AM   #9

I like that ladder clothes rack too! I was going to order ours with the ladder but then I decided to delete it because I saw a few stories on here about mount screws pulling out of the roof because the fit wasn't quite right with the curved roof. Have you had any issues climbing up and down with anything pulling away out of the roof?

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

Old 09-17-2016, 03:13 PM   #10

Thanks guys. We love the stab jacks so far, and with the added BAL lock arm stabilizers and x-chocks we have a very stable rig. We also have the 5-function remote, which really speeds our set-up/tear-down and is nice when sitting under the awning and wanting to turn on the LED light strip without going inside the coach.

The clothes rack won't hurt a ladder or pull it out of the roof. Yes, the top of the ladder is not really designed for the curved roof, and they are prone to lifting up the screws on the outboard side of the ladder where it mounts to the roof. Mine was already that way the first time I went up it during the PDI at the dealer, probably because the tech went up before I did! But I just filled the holes with wood shims and construction cement, let it set and then refastened it with heavier/longer screws. I covered the screw heads neatly with Dicor and I've had no issues since, although I'm mindful of it when I climb the ladder.

I'd find it hard to get by without the ladder, as there are twigs and branches on my roof regularly and I'm glad I don't have to drag out a separate ladder to get up there. I think the built in ladder also makes me a little more likely to inspect and maintain the roof properly. But that's just me!