Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2017, 12:34 PM   #1

2017 White Hawk 31BHBS

Took delivery last week. Anyone else have this model? Any words of wisdom? Going to this from a Coachmen Apex 259BHSS. Looking forward to the additional space...a bit scared of pulling something so much longer....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rico1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #2

Congrats! With a little practice, you'll be comfortable in no time...
Old 03-06-2017, 03:04 PM   #3

Congrats. Nice rig.

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico1971 View Post
Took delivery last week. Anyone else have this model? Any words of wisdom? Going to this from a Coachmen Apex 259BHSS. Looking forward to the additional space...a bit scared of pulling something so much longer....
Congratulations! As long as you have 'enough' truck and a good WD with anti-sway, you should be good to go... just watch the 'tail swing'.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:49 PM   #5

We picked up ours 2 days ago so lets stay in touch with our experiences. We moved up from a Jayco 2006 29BHS. I took it for a test drive. The truck pulls its OK but I believe I will need a sway control.

Ford F150 Ecoboost

Bill
Sgt Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:14 AM   #6

Congrats, Bill!!

We are very happy with ours. Taken it out twice so far and heading out again this coming weekend. Really enjoy the layout and the space! I have 2 teenage boys (16 & 13), so this model works really well for us!

Did they perform the LED light recall work prior to you taking delivery? Mine is in the shop having this done now. Also, on our last trip, noticed that the shower was leaking, so they are supposed to fix that, too.

I'm also pulling with the F150 V6 Ecoboost. Does a good job for us. We moved the sway control from our old RV to this one.

As someone replied to my original post....watch the 'tail swing'!!!! The struggle is real!! I've had a couple of near misses from this. This RV is so much longer than my last that the towing is much different!!

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences with it!! Talk to you soon!
Old 06-12-2017, 10:30 PM   #7

Thanks for the information, I did not know there was a recall on the LEDs. I'll have to look into that. I ordered a sway bar and it will arrive in time for my first trip Wednesday.

Bill
Old 06-13-2017, 07:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Stretch View Post
Thanks for the information, I did not know there was a recall on the LEDs. I'll have to look into that. I ordered a sway bar and it will arrive in time for my first trip Wednesday.

Bill

The LEDs are getting too hot and melting and/or catching fire. Notice says not to leave any of them on for more than an hour at a time and not to leave any on with the unit unattended.

If you call Jayco customer service, they should be able to look based on your VIN to see if your unit is part of the recall. 800-283-8267.

The Jayco Recall Number is 9901349.

The NHTSA Recall Campaign Number is 17V-290.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 09:32 PM   #9

Thanks very much for the advice. I called Jayco and my unit was not affected by the recall, it already had the replacement LEDs. Our first trip was terrific! No problems and we keep discovering what I call "Easter Eggs" hidden features. Today I discovered a light in the storage compartment and another storage compartment under the dining seat with a nice Rubbermaid garbage can hidden in there. We are installing the sway bar this week, before our next trip.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:30 AM   #10

Glad to hear things are going well! That's great that your unit isn't part of the recall. Parts are finally in at my RV dealership...going Saturday to have them all replaced.