Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2016, 08:29 AM   #11

I would make sure you have 15 and 30 Amp fuses on hand. Never no when one will burn out and it's a quick fix.

ArmadaX213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:50 PM   #12

We just finished our first trip with our X213 after modifying the ceiling manually controlled air conditioner to be controlled by a wall thermostat. Very nice mod and no where near as difficult as I thought it would be. Now the wall thermostat controls both the AC and the Furnace.

Weboost Drive 4G-X cellular booster
PentaMetric Battery Monitor

mitchmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmitchell View Post
We just finished our first trip with our X213 after modifying the ceiling manually controlled air conditioner to be controlled by a wall thermostat. Very nice mod and no where near as difficult as I thought it would be. Now the wall thermostat controls both the AC and the Furnace.
Is there a thread out there on this mod? I would like to do the same to my x213.
Canuduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuduh View Post
Is there a thread out there on this mod? I would like to do the same to my x213.
I never wrote up a thread as I forgot to take pictures, but PM me and I can walk you through it.
Weboost Drive 4G-X cellular booster
PentaMetric Battery Monitor

mitchmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:39 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronent View Post
I am only going to be purchasing fun items I know we will need such as BBQ grill, paper plates etc until I learn the lay of the land. I think purchasing a small tent for the kids to sleep/play in outside of the trailer is a good buy. I suppose I need a lightweight table and chair set for outside etc...
Lotsa good suggestions. Make this a fun thing.

Do you have kids? How old?

Beyond things needed for the trailer itself, there's things you'll want for just camping.

If you don't want to hand crank your stabilizer jacks every time, get yourself a cordless drill/battery/charger/and the socket sold to fit the jacks. Makes it a breeze to drop and raise the jacks. Mine are electric, but I still have that and I can't tell you how many times I see folks cranking their jacks down. I walk over with the drill and say, "Here use this". They're amazed how fast it does the job. It goes on their list of things needed.

As others have said, if you can, set up the trailer in the yard. Open the awning and camp all day. Multiple days. I did this and have a fire pit also. Start a fire. Woops, no lighter fluid? Put it on the list. When it comes time to eat, get your notepad ready with pen.

1) Fire pit grill on a steel stake. These are great for virtually anything, burgers, sausage, chicken breast, pork chops, steaks.

2) The wife will say "I'm getting bit by mosquitos". OFF goes on the list.

3) You'll see a wasp. RAID goes on the list.

4) One of the best things I've ever bought is a large long handle skillet. Mine is 24 inches wide with a 3 foot long handle. It goes on the steel stake grill. You can make a breakfast for an Army with this thing. It's HUGE!!! This thing has tasted everything over a fire including sauteed sea scallops and angus fillet mignon. Mmmmmmm.

5) Nightime comes and the kids will say "SMORES". Put it on the list. 2 Cast Iron rectangular pie makers. These are great for a ton of things. Google pie maker recipes.

6) Wife will say, "OK I'll make smores but I can't SEE, it's dark". Awning lights? With a DIMMER!!!!!

Keep in mind that most places you go SHOULD have a picnic table available to you so the table may not be needed?

You might consider a Map Gas Torch. I'm kind of a PYRO, so I need one to get a fire going in the rain with wet wood. LOL.

Baja is offline   Reply With Quote