Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2017, 06:46 PM   #1

2017 X213 slide issue

Howdy. My wife is on the road with our new X213 and sent these photos. Any ideas on how to fix? My guess is the battery is weak and it isn't extending but since she's not hooked up, that hypothesis will remain unproven. Any ideas wise road warriors? :-)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2905.jpg   IMG_2906.jpg  
pdeyarmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:53 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Jumper cables from TT to camper battery?
Maybe a jump from fellow camper.

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:06 PM   #3

Hook your tv up to the tt and let it run thiis will charge up the battery let it run for a good 30 mins. Then with the tv running try bringing in the slide out between the 2 there should be enough power.
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Hook your tv up to the tt and let it run thiis will charge up the battery let it run for a good 30 mins. Then with the tv running try bringing in the slide out between the 2 there should be enough power.
Appreciate that advice :-). ��
Old 06-27-2017, 08:58 AM   #5

is she alone? if there is someone else with her, or if she can find someone to help, have her push the button to move the slide out, while the other person is in the center back of the trailer. when the slide starts to make the clicking noise, and in almost fully open, have that person lift up slightly on the slide out. That's how I had to fix mine while I was waiting for the dealer to get me in. They replaced the motor and it's all good now.
bigdaddy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:11 AM   #6

No she isn't alone and decided to come back home. We have an appointment with the dealer to address this issue and a couple of other things that went badly. Collapsed stabilization jacks and water leak in the commode. Maiden voyage cut short. We are supposed to head out Friday for a two week trip so crossing my fingers that happens. Thank you all for the replies, it's reassuring there are so many helpful people out there.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:11 PM   #7

I'm not exactly sure what the issue is but I have a 2016 X213 and have popped the 30amp fuse due to a low battery. A low battery means higher amps so if the trailers battery is low I've blown the slide out fuse and trailer hitch jack this way. This is why Redwing is suggesting hooking up to the tow vehicle so you can get some juice from the vehicle's battery presumably. Also, be aware you can hand-crank the slide-out with a tool that should have come with the trailer. Anyway, make sure you have extra fuses with on your journey and this forum has been super helpful as I was totally new to all this just a year ago and am still learning.
Jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #8

I never disconnect the umbilical from the TV until the trailer is level and the slide is out. I leave my truck running while I do all of that. The OEM battery is pretty much useless on it's own for anything much more than running the LED lights and the water pump.

2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote