Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #41

Hate to say it, but I do not care for the 2018 White Hawk exterior color scheme. In the previous years, I liked that it was totally different from the Jay Feather. It looked more classy than the Feathers. For me the new exterior colors cheapens the aesthetic of the line which is up a notch or two from the Feather. I like the blue and gray on our Feather, but I was drawn to the look of the White Hawk as it correlated with them as an upgrade over the Feather. Moreover, the distinct white, brown, tan, black of the previous White Hawk models made them attractive to me as a "someday" upgrade trailer. I cannot say that about the new look.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #42

I'm not sold on the new exterior graphics either. Something just seems not quite right with the graphic design. Kind of looks like my kids took a ruler and made some random lines and angles here and there, but that's just my opinion and I may be a little biased since our new 2017 just arrived.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:07 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnnew View Post
I'm not sold on the new exterior graphics either. Something just seems not quite right with the graphic design. Kind of looks like my kids took a ruler and made some random lines and angles here and there, but that's just my opinion and I may be a little biased since our new 2017 just arrived.
Congrats!
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherFam View Post
Hate to say it, but I do not care for the 2018 White Hawk exterior color scheme. In the previous years, I liked that it was totally different from the Jay Feather. It looked more classy than the Feathers. For me the new exterior colors cheapens the aesthetic of the line which is up a notch or two from the Feather. I like the blue and gray on our Feather, but I was drawn to the look of the White Hawk as it correlated with them as an upgrade over the Feather. Moreover, the distinct white, brown, tan, black of the previous White Hawk models made them attractive to me as a "someday" upgrade trailer. I cannot say that about the new look.
Hey, no need to hate saying it, everyone's entitled to their opinion! I never thought about the new color scheme in relation to the Jay Feather, that's an interesting point. I guess I like the new look because it reminds me a bit of a railroad coach and I'm a sucker for railroad stuff...
Our White Hawk photo album
Old 05-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Congrats!
Thanks! We are going through the delivery process at Buffalo RV right now. Walked through the trailer last night and found several minor issues that need fixing and one kind of major issue. The bathroom door entry has a good size dent in the door frame. Bummer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2975.jpg   IMG_2970.jpg  

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
Old 05-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #46

Quote:
Thanks! We are going through the delivery process at Buffalo RV right now. Walked through the trailer last night and found several minor issues that need fixing and one kind of major issue. The bathroom door entry has a good size dent in the door frame. Bummer.
Congrats. Looks like you got the auto leveling too. We love it on ours.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Cirrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:58 PM   #47

I would be interested in upgrading to 15 inches, if this is feasible. Anybody knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
(...) And there are more substantive quality upgrades, like using 225/75R15 LRE Goodyear tires on trailers that at the same length/dry weight in 2017 came with relatively tiny 205/75R14 LRC Rainiers. (...)
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:24 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
I would be interested in upgrading to 15 inches, if this is feasible. Anybody knows?
I seem to remember seeing this discussed somewhere, just can't remember where. 🤔

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

Old 05-13-2017, 10:26 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrob View Post
Congrats. Looks like you got the auto leveling too. We love it on ours.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Yep, went for the auto level. I've seen a few people talking about the BAL 5.3 system and most, if not all really like it. Can't wait to try it out!

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

Old 05-14-2017, 06:31 AM   #50

Quote:
Yep, went for the auto level. I've seen a few people talking about the BAL 5.3 system and most, if not all really like it. Can't wait to try it out!
My wife and I ordered it. It is very nice. in fact just used it last Night when we pulled in. Took about 5 minutes to pull in, unhitch, level, slide out, and drink! Was worth every penny. Plus, it makes the rig VERY stable.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2017, 06:44 AM   #51

The 2018 DSBH looks nice , but all of those smaller fit and finish upgrades are not worth sacrificing that rear storage compartment, to me. I pulled into a site last night and when hooking everything up, I realized how nice it was to have it all night there , plus some extra equipment that could not safely fit up front with my heavier gear(solar panels, etc.)

And , one of the reasons we went for this rig and not the 25 BH was that the bunks wern't so cramped because of the outside Kitchen . It looks like that's what's happening on this new version of the 28 DSBH . Otherwise, It looks awesome but those little things are important.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #52

Not sure about the 28RL that replaces the 27DSRL. Like the tire upgrade, stainless appliances and pantry. Not sure I like the window over the front bed. With the window the shelf and storage cabinet over the bed is gone. No fan of the blue colored strip. Need to see one. I think I bought one of the last 27DSRL models built. It is at our dealer and I am going to to the PDL next Thursday.
Bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:31 PM   #53

I like the looks of them from what I've seen... and I like the looks of the front cap/windshield. I like the colors OK, too. But playing musical TTs could get expensive and my truck is giving me fits of rage... so I'm going to be very happy with my TT until I can't physically camp anymore. I would miss the left-rear storage badly. I'd miss the storage over the head of the bed, too. So, I'm going to be a happy camper in my '16 model, but I think I'm possibly going to ditch the diesel pickup and go to an EcoBoost F-150 with max tow and payload.... or maybe a diesel F-250.... Unless the dealership can solve some of the crappy problems for a while.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:13 PM   #54

I too love my 28DSBH rear storage more than I'd love having crowded bunks or and outdoor kitchen - she's a keeper. Still, gonna look at the '18 White Hawks just for fun...
Old 05-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #55

Yes, I'll go to the RV show in January, like I always do... but this is my last one... (never say never)... and I'll NEVER buy another one...
Old 05-16-2017, 07:18 AM   #56

We really like the 2017 White Hawk graphics, but the 2018 looks like 1972. The earth tones really seem to lend themselves the outdoors, earth, wilderness, etc. The new blue grade school ruler scheme looks just cheap. Plain cheap. My family is so discouraged since we won't be purchasing a new rig until next spring. Jayco was always our first choice, but now, well, who knows what we'll do. Stickers are cheap for manufacturers. They should offer a couple different options. I'm not stuck buying one color car. Why can't they resolve this with choices. Mark my post. This color scheme will be one and done. In 2019, Jayco will dump this look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:34 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyEm View Post
Itoddday, the pics don't match your floor plan.
I know this. My floor plan has not been built yet. Still waiting for a delivery date. Found pics and a vid if the 29RD. The pics I posted are from one of the first built according to Jayco.
Itoddday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:17 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfirekid View Post
We really like the 2017 White Hawk graphics, but the 2018 looks like 1972. The earth tones really seem to lend themselves the outdoors, earth, wilderness, etc. The new blue grade school ruler scheme looks just cheap. Plain cheap. My family is so discouraged since we won't be purchasing a new rig until next spring. Jayco was always our first choice, but now, well, who knows what we'll do. Stickers are cheap for manufacturers. They should offer a couple different options. I'm not stuck buying one color car. Why can't they resolve this with choices. Mark my post. This color scheme will be one and done. In 2019, Jayco will dump this look.

It looks like a goofy version of the Hummingbird. I get the look for the Hummingbird and the Feather models, but the White Hawk needs to be distinct and more refined if not sophisticated in its aesthetic. Why make three lines of the same appeal and aesthetic? Maybe, Jayco will figure it out before they lose the line all together. Or maybe their marketers know something that we do not. I only know that it is a no-go for us. The White Hawk is the only other Jayco product line that we would want to grow into. We are looking seriously at the Outdoors RV TT models, especially the Timber Ridge Titanium. We want our next unit to be a bit more "classy" and "beefier" than our Feather without going as heavy as the Eagle models. If the White Hawk keeps this "cheesy" scheme, we will look elsewhere. In the meantime, we are enjoying our Feather with its scheme and utility that is appropriate for its market niche.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:26 PM   #59

I think the prices of the 2018 White Hawks have gone up considerably too. I priced a 2018 White Hawk 29BH at RV Direct with the same options I ordered on my 2017 28DSBH and the 2018 is almost $5,000 more! Glad I got one of the last 28 DSBH's!

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

Old 05-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #60

Maybe Jayco is getting too big in their britches. Now that they were bought out by Thor, if I recall correctly, the costs go up and quality will go down. I always thought the Jaycos we owned were classy. I looked at real pictures of the new 18's on lots, and that will be the last eyesore scheme I'll have gawking up my home and yard all the days it is not in use. We are already looking at a new Tow vehicle to go to a Flight. If the 2018 Flights get the same cancer, we'll definitely be off to another manufacturer.

kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote