Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #61

I think it is the Thor change as well

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:06 PM   #62

Fortunately, I am not planning changing the TT for the next 5-6 years. Lack of 28DSBH plan and those new graphics make me feel good about my purchase last August.
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #63

I'm shocked that the did away with the 33 BHBS we love the layout. With having 2 teenaged daughters there is tons of room for them and all their friends that camp with us regularly. The good thing is we finally get to downsize in couple years or bad thing. Damn do they grow up fast.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:38 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkhollywood View Post
I'm shocked that the did away with the 33 BHBS we love the layout. With having 2 teenaged daughters there is tons of room for them and all their friends that camp with us regularly. The good thing is we finally get to downsize in couple years or bad thing. Damn do they grow up fast.
What are you thinking about downsizing to?
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #65

Haven't really decided yet. Right now our focus is looking at a lot or property to build a new house. Then a camper to follow. Something in the 27 foot range though.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #66

Lots of nice units in the 27' range. We are still tossing around larger TT and TV versus MH.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:30 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherFam View Post
Lots of nice units in the 27' range. We are still tossing around larger TT and TV versus MH.
If I had it my way that's the route we would go, but the wife wants a cottage someday with all the toys for the kids and grandkids. The cottage I could do with out but the toys I'm all for.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #68

It seems pretty clear the goal this year was to make the door radius showers a standard feature. The decision really hurt the 24MBH.
dksmith17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:08 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksmith17 View Post
It seems pretty clear the goal this year was to make the door radius showers a standard feature. The decision really hurt the 24MBH.

I totally agree with you based on the floor plan. I'd like to see one in person to see how it compares to my '17 24MBH. Forest Glen makes a virtually identical 24BHHL that we looked at while shopping.
rgardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:12 AM   #70

2018 White Hawk Line Up

So discouraged. After putting on 3,500 miles on a trip out west this past two weeks, we saw more trailers and fivers than I could have imagined. Many new 2018 White Hawks being transported, and some already owned. These new blue and black graphics are really racking up to be a deal breaker for us. Every other brand we passed, and I mean thousands of them went by, looked rich, thought out, said "outdoors" in rich colors. The new White Hawks just read "cheap" and "the kid slapped some stickers on the trailer this morning". Absolutely nothing about the scheme says "48 years of building quality trailers for OUTDOOR enjoyment". Sorry to rant, but I've been a loyal Jayco supporter for over 15 years, and opened my wallet for a few units. While I think Jayco builds the best units, it's not like I can reasonably paint a "purple house". Hopefully this poor judgement won't travel across the complete Jayco line. It's fine on the Hummingbird (despite no correlation), but this scheme on any of the fivers or Flights I think will kill Jayco sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfirekid View Post
So discouraged. After putting on 3,500 miles on a trip out west this past two weeks, we saw more trailers and fivers than I could have imagined. Many new 2018 White Hawks being transported, and some already owned. These new blue and black graphics are really racking up to be a deal breaker for us. Every other brand we passed, and I mean thousands of them went by, looked rich, thought out, said "outdoors" in rich colors. The new White Hawks just read "cheap" and "the kid slapped some stickers on the trailer this morning". Absolutely nothing about the scheme says "48 years of building quality trailers for OUTDOOR enjoyment". Sorry to rant, but I've been a loyal Jayco supporter for over 15 years, and opened my wallet for a few units. While I think Jayco builds the best units, it's not like I can reasonably paint a "purple house". Hopefully this poor judgement won't travel across the complete Jayco line. It's fine on the Hummingbird (despite no correlation), but this scheme on any of the fivers or Flights I think will kill Jayco sales.

They look like 1980s sci-fi shuttle craft...

Which is the very opposite of outdoors

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Cirrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #72

I will reserve my judgment until I see one in person. However, I do agree that the pictures of the "new look" Jayco ultralights does not appeal to me, especially in the the White Hawk models. As I stated prior, the White Hawk had an upgraded classier hold on my imagination. I guess I was wrong about the model's purpose and target in the Jayco lineup. It's their company. They know what they what to make and for whom they want to make it. Apparently, Jayco does not want me to be a future White Hawk customer/owner. That's cool. Our next unit move is likely a good bit down the road. But so far, I think they screwed them up.

Maybe another Jayco model, maybe a MH, maybe another brand - We'll just have to see.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #73

Yeah, I was hopeful the artist renditions on Facebook were sloppy. Now, it seems the Hummingbird, Feather, and White Hawks all don the same apparel. 2018 Flights remain earthtone. I suspect the HT Eagles and up will not get wrapped in the new Thor disgrace.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:46 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdomino View Post
Not sure about the 28RL that replaces the 27DSRL. Like the tire upgrade, stainless appliances and pantry. Not sure I like the window over the front bed. With the window the shelf and storage cabinet over the bed is gone. No fan of the blue colored strip. Need to see one. I think I bought one of the last 27DSRL models built. It is at our dealer and I am going to to the PDL next Thursday.
If you haven't seen it yet, here is the 28RL
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0022.jpg   DSC_0028.jpg   DSC_0033.jpg   DSC_0041.jpg   DSC_0024.jpg  

DSC_0030.jpg   DSC_0037.jpg  
RVStealsAndDeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #75

Hank's for the pictures. I think I will be very happy with my 2017. 2018 does not have e nice storage in the bathroom. It doesn't not have the storage over the bed too. My 2017 was fitted with larger Goodyear tire too.

Steve
Bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #76

Thanks for the pictures. The interior is nice. It's the outside to which I take exception. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Old 07-09-2017, 06:57 AM   #77

They changed the floor plan for the 23MRB. Added a huge tv in the dinette section. I like it better in the 2017 I own. We never use the TV except when it's in the driveway and we're having cocktails on the White Hawk Lounge!

Old 08-16-2017, 03:59 PM   #78

I'm not fond of the blue 2018 theme either. The past graphics ALL look much better. Love that new front windshield glass though!

-2004 Nissan Titan w/Equal-i-zer hitch
-2014 Jayco White Hawk 24 RBS
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote