Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #1

2018 Whitehawk 29BH

Pretty slick. I like the front window and shower setup. Looks like LED taillights too. I need to find one of these in person.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 29BH
Treatcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:43 AM   #2

Nice. I wonder if the front living room style will pickup sales now?

It's a shame to have that cool window feature and never be able to see it.
dksmith17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:06 PM   #3

I really doubt that I would buy 29BH instead of 28DSBH... I am interested only in the wheels upgrade to 15 inches.
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:40 PM   #4

I love the living room layout. But cannot stand the bunks. The outside kitchen is just not worth that cramped space and loss of storage. But dang, I love the living room.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Cirrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:13 PM   #5

That front cap above the master bed is sweet!
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:49 PM   #6

Looks like it lost a lot of kitchen counter space compared to the huge counter in the 28 DSBH. I don't know, it just doesn't do it for me. I think the layout in the 28 DSBH is still superior.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treatcg View Post
Pretty slick. I like the front window and shower setup. Looks like LED taillights too. I need to find one of these in person.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 29BH
Our bedroom gets too light already when the sun starts coming up so that big window right over my bed does not interest me at all. Working on black out curtain for the door of our 27DSRL now.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerzog View Post
Our bedroom gets too light already when the sun starts coming up so that big window right over my bed does not interest me at all. Working on black out curtain for the door of our 27DSRL now.
Agree. The window feels "high end" but unless you're boondocking every night under the stars somewhere, there seems to be more downside than upside, especially if you like to camp in the chilly shoulder seasons.

It's funny, but most 28DSBH owners seem fiercely loyal to their rigs and really dislike this new trailer. I totally get that, and I don't think I'd trade my 28DSBH for a 29BH, but there ARE some cool features on the new trailer that I do like, such as the stainless appliances, better wheels/tires, radius shower, and a TV you can actually see from the sofa. And yup, there's some downside as well - some hate the new graphics, the loss of rear exterior storage, the cramped bunks, etc. But that's the nice thing about this hobby - you can trade in or you can keep tinkering, upgrading and making mods until your trailer is exactly the way you want it to be. I'm going to keep working on our 28DSBH - she's like a family member now.
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #9

Was doing some more small upgrades and maintenance to mine today, and I have decided I wouldn't trade for the 29BH either. The amount of storage and convenience of the 28DSBH is something I don't ever want to be without again. I much prefer it to an outdoor kitchen. I have enough stuff that I actually have an outdoor kitchen, anyway. Jayco should give buyers an option between the two.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:13 AM   #10

It may not be a deal killer for some, but I just installed a small inverter for the TV and DVD player. Last night was our first experience camping over night at a Walmart and I didnt want to put the slide out . Instead the family and I just watched a movie from the bedroom and then put the kids in their bunks after. I dont Think that's doable with this new layout . Just some other observations. we are back on the road now, but was very grateful we were able to keep the kids entertainedin such a situation

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Cirrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:23 AM   #11

2018 Whitehawk 29BH

I have the same radius shower and a sectional pull out in front living room in my 38fdds. Big front window too. Perfect for a seasonal site. It's just the DW and I 90% of the time. We didn't want/need a BH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #12

The extra few feet in the front bedroom would really be a bonus for me. Can't quite lay straight on the bed in our 2015 28DSBH. But, wouldn't want the fancy window over the bed, it's already too bright up there in the morning.
XwingFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:20 PM   #13

The little tub/shower arrangement in our '16 28DSBH is not my favorite. We had a nice roomy shower in our Surveyor, but this arrangement will have to work. It is much better for bathing small children, and since we got this bunk model for taking grand kids we'll live with it. I just wish we were taking them more often...

As to the exterior looks, i don't find them that objectionable. I am not one that finds campers especially pretty on the outside anyway, so it doesn't matter that much to me. I'm just very glad we have the one we have because for the most part, it works and works very well for us... If something happened to this one so it was totaled, we'd probably look at the 29BH pretty hard, and see if we could get the outside kitchen deleted for the wonderful storage I have under the bunks in our current trailer... if we couldn't find a new leftover '16 or '17 28DSBH, that is...
Old 10-28-2017, 06:41 PM   #14

Just finished looking at a 29BH today and pretty much set on trading in for one. Looked at models similar to the old 28DSBH but just can’t stand having the TV up front on that 90 degree angle and the basic bathroom with outside door. Much prefer the nice bathroom and the dinette on the 28DSBH was way too small.

The new 29BH bathroom is awesome with the corner shower with glass, windshield rocks and reminds me of my tent trailers with all the light it lets in, Couch/Lazy boys face TV like they should and the fireplace should make an awesome addition.

Only issues so far is bunks are height “challenged” for some reason and the outdoor kitchen is too small. Prefer the full size outdoor kitchens like on a Freedom Express Liberty/MapleLeaf editions.

On a side note, anyone found a good place for the garbage can? There are no lower cupboards that would work that we could find.

Cheers
Tim
Thorvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:21 AM   #15

After some study of that older floor plan, I now “get it” why owners like it. It still has the Chill’n’store so you get the outdoor fridge (solves my outdoor kitchen issue) yet has a ton more storage. The bunk height is great too (the 29H is cramped in comparison.

They need to re-release it with the 2018 updates (nice folding removable table for the dinette, full U-shaped dinette, etc).

Strange though, we looked a Jayflights that had the same interior height and outdoor kitchen yet the bunks in them had more headroom. The 29H has the exact same kitchen, same interior height but the bunks are tighter. Something funny somewhere.

The front pass through storage on the 29H is no where like other “pass through” storage trailers (Kodiak, Freedom Express, Vibe etc), the bed cuts into it slightly from the top and that slot for the table also eats up some. Thankfully the rear bunk storage area is a good size and has a door and the master bedroom under bed is large too.

Thanks for making me look deeper!

Cheers
Tim
Thorvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:50 AM   #16

Whitehawk 29BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Was doing some more small upgrades and maintenance to mine today, and I have decided I wouldn't trade for the 29BH either. The amount of storage and convenience of the 28DSBH is something I don't ever want to be without again. I much prefer it to an outdoor kitchen. I have enough stuff that I actually have an outdoor kitchen, anyway. Jayco should give buyers an option between the two.
Its simple to remove the outside kitchen sink,stove,fridge on 29BH if anybody needed more room ..
What would be more Useful is to add a door on back camper that goes under the bunk ..
ShortCircuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:07 AM   #17

Is it just me or does that thing not look like a high speed mono rail train from the front? Not diggin the new styling AT ALL. Build me a trailer that looks like a rolling log cabin please.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:32 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBound View Post
Is it just me or does that thing not look like a high speed mono rail train from the front? Not diggin the new styling AT ALL. Build me a trailer that looks like a rolling log cabin please.
It looks better in person .. Growing on me . Something different from
The typical camper look
ShortCircuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #19

I'm happy with my 28BHKS. The 29BH and the 28DSBH both don't have enough counter space for what my wife was looking for.

Plus I liked only 1 door to the bedroom, it give more entertainment wall to store books, and such.

The big glass shower in the 28BHKS was also a nice bonus. I'm 6'8" and need some room to move around.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:58 PM   #20

I got a VIN today. It will be a 2019. A 50th anniversary package was also added. Not sure what it includes. Was told solid counter tops, fantastic fan and some other items. Comes off line end of April. Cant wait!
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote