Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #1

23 mb

Hello all, this is my first time posting. We are looking into purchasing a Jay Flight 23 MB. This is the murphy bed model with out the slide. Our concern is the space between the dinette and the galley cabinets. the area seems sort of tight. The closest dealership with this model is over 6 hours away. A long trip just to measure the space of a walkway. Does any one own this model or has looked at one and can give some input on the amount of room between the dinette and the kitchen. The family really liked the model with the slide but at 5400 #'s with options it would be at the towing limit of my truck.

Thanks.
Zoe'sdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #2

There all tight without the slide but that's just my 2 cents. A 36" slide gives you 3' of extra width in the kitchen and or living area. Even thou they might not be your model try staying in one of each for say 1/2 hour to give you that feeling of closeness. Will you have a dog that travels with you, kids, other friends, if you do then see if they can join you on this discover trip. Or use the salesmen because there always in the way!
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #3

This is what 3 extra feet will look like and this is a Hybrid. Not the same thing but you get the idea. Check out YouTube on the Jayco 23MB for interior space they have a great video or two.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #4

I have an x23b and my slide is only a foot or so and just that little bit makes a world of difference. I strongly recommend a slide. Don't know what you have for a tv but they have lots of light weight units with slides.
05 f150 5.4 v8 (sold)
nwminnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #5

I agree with nwminnesota get a slide if you can. It makes a big difference. We love our murphy bed.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #6

I went for years without a slide but once I got one with a slide I wouldn't go back .... now I have 3 and really enjoy the extra room to move around
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #7

We ended up getting the 23MBH With bunks and a slide, the slide really opens it up
Hchunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:33 AM   #8

Thanks for the replies. I agree about the slide. The 23 MBH Jayflight was the model we all liked but after considering gear and passengers it left only 35#s before we maxed the 12600# GCVWR on my 2006 Tundra. I could make the Whitehawk work by deleting a couple of unnecessary options but my wife did not like the cabinets of the elite package or the price premium. The 23 MB is a good compromise if it is not cramped at the galley. There was not one on site, though.
Zoe'sdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #9

We don't have a slide , we were in the same boat with the tow vehicle. We spend most of our time outside anyway. A slide would be nice but not necessary here
chrisb is offline   Reply With Quote