Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-13-2016, 04:11 AM   #1

23 RB design change, or unlisted option?

I just saw pictures of a new 2017 23RB on a dealer's lot that had a solid wall behind the sofa. Up until now, I had only 23RB's with a solid wall for about 1/3 the distance across, then a half wall the rest of the way. A curtain is used to close off the bedroom.

But this wall was solid all the way across and had a pocket or sliding door to completely close off the bedroom.

I've never seen that option mentioned in any brochure nor have I see a actual 23RB with the solid wall.

I do know the Starcraft line that owned by Jayco, has an almost exact replica of the 23RB, except for the bathroom being flipped. Their brochure indicated the solid wall was an option.

Thoughts anyone?
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:17 AM   #2

Call the dealer and inquire or if it's local stop in...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:42 AM   #3

I don't know, but it may be a "dealer exclusive" . I saw a dealer on rvtrader when I was shopping that had several 26BH models with a full wall and pocket door behind the couch. The website listed it as a "dealer exclusive" option and claimed he was only dealer with them built that way.
Khans Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:24 AM   #4

Hi, do a double take and make sure you are not looking at a 23MRB. This has a "wall in back of the couch that is actually a Murphy bed.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:04 AM   #5

Definitely not a 23MRB. I did ask the dealership about it, and they said it was a dealership exclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
Hi, do a double take and make sure you are not looking at a 23MRB. This has a "wall in back of the couch that is actually a Murphy bed.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
Definitely not a 23MRB. I did ask the dealership about it, and they said it was a dealership exclusive.
What is a "dealership exclusive"? Is this possibly euphemistic vernacular for dealership "repair" mods? How does a dealership exclusive come to be?
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherFam View Post
What is a "dealership exclusive"? Is this possibly euphemistic vernacular for dealership "repair" mods? How does a dealership exclusive come to be?
I doubt it is a "repair." The dealer I saw that had the same pocket door set up on the 26BH's was a high volume dealer and had about 10-12 of them on the lot that had that door. If I had to guess i would say they move enough product that Jayco is willing to give them some "exclusives" to help move even more.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:37 AM   #8

Correct. This is how it was explained to me.

The pictures I saw certainly weren't done by the dealer. If the dealer could make a wall like that at the dealership, then the dealership should be manufacturing Jayco's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khans Keeper View Post
I doubt it is a "repair." The dealer I saw that had the same pocket door set up on the 26BH's was a high volume dealer and had about 10-12 of them on the lot that had that door. If I had to guess i would say they move enough product that Jayco is willing to give them some "exclusives" to help move even more.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:43 AM   #9
Site Team

If dealer exclusive Jayco`s do indeed exist it would be good information to know for the members of this forum. In 6 years I have never heard that before so I`m intrigued. I know that they will not due custom orders for individual customers.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #10

They absolutely exist. Here is a link to a listing for a 2017 264bhw with the full wall and door rather than the standard half wall and curtain.

NOTICE: this listing still says "curtain" but if you look at pictures it shows the full wall, and I have found other listings in the past that actually make reference to the wall.

2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW, Grand Rapids MI - - RVtrader.com
Old 12-17-2016, 11:17 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khans Keeper View Post
They absolutely exist. Here is a link to a listing for a 2017 264bhw with the full wall and door rather than the standard half wall and curtain.

NOTICE: this listing still says "curtain" but if you look at pictures it shows the full wall, and I have found other listings in the past that actually make reference to the wall.

2017 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW, Grand Rapids MI - - RVtrader.com
Could that be a mid year change to the entire line (which would explain why some on the lot have it and some earlier produced models may not) or is it dealer specific?
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Could that be a mid year change to the entire line (which would explain why some on the lot have it and some earlier produced models may not) or is it dealer specific?
I do not think it is a mid year change. The dealer specifically references it as a "dealer exclusive" when contacted.

However I would not be surprised to find more than one dealer with this "exclusive"

I am sure Jayco is willing to do it for any dealer ordering large numbers of them built that way at the same time.