Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2016, 09:37 PM   #1

23RB Elite package overflow tube/tubes

From what I gather from searching the forum there are 2 overflow tubes since there are 2 FW tanks? I ask because I only have one sticking through my underbelly cover and wonder if the second didn't get poked through? This would explain the water running out from under my belly cover from weird places. From most the pictures I've seen (none of the 23RB I've seen) the two tubes would be right next to each other? I ask because if I have to cut my belly open I want to be in the general area.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:04 AM   #2

Went out and looked. I have two overflow tubes. The picture isn't that good (you can see they went way overboard with spray foam) but both are visible.

JLSheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:37 AM   #3

Your a rockstar! That's what mine looks like too with the gobs of spray foam. Unfortunately the second tube isn't there. I'm assuming in got covered in foam or pushed up when it expanded. When I sanitized tanks for the first time I drove around the block with full FW to slosh it around. When I parked there was water coming from under the belly. I was hopeful that it was a tube they forgot to poke out and not a split tank or leak somewhere. Let's hope it's just the missing tube puking
*UPDATE*
The factory didn't feed the overflow for second tank through belly cover before they foamed the hole shut. So heads up to new trailer guys! Make sure if you have two tanks that both overflow tubes were dropped through belly cover.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:22 PM   #4

Good to hear it was just a factory f*** up and not a split tank!

I actually noticed they went a bit crazy with the foam back by the dump valve too, and actually expanded so much the thermal liner ripped away from the screw that mounts it to the frame. Nothing another screw and a washer to hold won't fix.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:37 PM   #5

I ripped the foam out, retrieved the tube, then foamed the hole shut again. I then proceeded to crawl around under camper and foam all the little openings shut too. There are perfect mouse sized holes in the rear of frame (behind bumper) and in the front of frame (behind A frame). A couple decent holes around dump valves where factory foam missed were sealed. Also holes above our scissor jacks perfect for critters. Then I went inside and foamed the holes under sink where water lines come from belly to pump. Foamed the water line holes next to water heater to belly. Pretty much if a mouse could fit somewhere I foamed it shut.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #6

You know, I was thinking about doing the same thing. Towards the front, right behind the A-frame, I have identical openings on both sides. Like the thermal liner is slightly bent down and open for about 6 inches. It almost looks like it was left that way for venting purposes.

Does yours have that? I had thought about a mouse but wanted to leave it for venting if that was the purpose. Maybe I'll stuff some wire mesh there.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:47 PM   #7

I think it's just poor fit. I had some bad fitting around my front jacks where the belly liner was just kind of stuffed there and hanging down. I trimmed it better and gorilla taped it up. I left no openings anywhere if possible. I've seen what a mouse can do to a trailer and don't want it to happen again. I also threw fabric softener sheets in every nook and cranny (storage compartments, under sink, in hot water heater compartment), mice apparently hate them and bonus it makes the trailer smell nice. I can't imagine why the belly would need to "breathe" or vent. Especially since the heat ducts run down there to keep our tanks from freezing.