Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2016, 06:31 AM   #1

Question 23RB owners

I have a few questions for anyone who has or has had a 23RB model.

What do you do for food storage? I'd really like one with a pantry, which my current trailer does have.

Never having had a trailer with the aluminum skin, what is both washing/waxing like and maintenance of the various seams on the trailer like, such as wall to roof, and rear and side walls. Is it hard to reseal around the ridges of the aluminum and the edges?

Also, what size tires does the 23RB have, and are the axles 3500#?

Thanks.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:44 AM   #2

We use a 2 handle long bag type that you would put grocery bags in to keep them steady in the back of an SUV. We put it on one of the chairs at the table or under if we are eating. Also we use Tupperware type storage in the cabinets next to the Jensen stereo and above the sink. It works fine for us but there is only 2 of us.
rtiedeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #3

There really didn't seem to be a shortage of food storage space for us. 2 adults and a child for 4 days and we honestly came back with over half the food we took. The cabinets over the dining area are tall and I'll be adding a shelf all the way across to double the space, same with the cabinets over the sink area. We kept anything pest proof and seldom needed in totes under seats in dining area. Fridge and freezer were stuffed and we used the Rubbermaid one quart bottles made to fit in fridge doors for our milk instead of a huge gallon bottle eating up shelf space. We haven't been out a lot yet but so far I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of gear this trailer can store if your willing to modify and plan well.
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:44 PM   #4

Good information on food storage. Now, does anyone have any insight on the axle size and tire size of the 23RB.

Or on the maintenance and or cleaning of the aluminum sides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
I have a few questions for anyone who has or has had a 23RB model.

What do you do for food storage? I'd really like one with a pantry, which my current trailer does have.

Never having had a trailer with the aluminum skin, what is both washing/waxing like and maintenance of the various seams on the trailer like, such as wall to roof, and rear and side walls. Is it hard to reseal around the ridges of the aluminum and the edges?

Also, what size tires does the 23RB have, and are the axles 3500#?

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:30 AM   #5

Tires are 205/75/R15s
Axles are 3500#
I have the fiberglass option so no help with aluminum siding questions, sorry
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:40 PM   #6

I'm happy to see 205/75R15's are on the trailer. Way too many trailer manufacturer's cut corners with axles and tires.

I believe to be one of the reasons for premature tire failure on travel trailers, when you couple this fact with the fact sometimes a trailer owner will "push the envelope" with weight hauled by the tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
Tires are 205/75/R15s
Axles are 3500#
I have the fiberglass option so no help with aluminum siding questions, sorry