Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2016, 10:02 AM   #31
Your truck will pull a 26BH without any problems but with only 1350lbs of available payload you will be close to overloaded with 4 people in the truck and 800lbs on the hitch.
If you add a quad you will be over your payload. If that doesn't bother you then you should be happy with it. Did you get the additional self leveling airbag option? Those will probably help stiffen up the rear end. Otherwise I don't imagine the ride will be very comfortable.

2014 Jayco Swift 281BHS
2015 F250 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab, Short box, 6.2 gas
Solar powered! The trailer not the truck!
Subaru297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:55 AM   #32
We have that setup - 2016 26BH with 2014 Ram 1500. We got the trailer in Sept 2015 and have spent over 55 nights in it, thanks to our just finished 5000 mile, 45 night trip from Toronto to the Everglades to Texas trip.

We had zero problems pulling the 26BH on this trip and the truck has the power. As stated previously, you will be at or possibly over your truck payload. Before getting the trailer, I weighed my truck with it empty, full gas, and just me and it was about 6,000 lbs vs GVWR of 6,900 lbs. That leaves me about 900 lbs payload for the wife, kids, trailer tongue weight, and hitch. As a result, I only have the two kids bikes in the bed of the truck, and use an Anderson WDH because it is so light. I have weighed it once with the trailer hooked up with family in it and I was at about 6,800 lbs on the truck (will try to dig out the scale slip for exact numbers). Long story short, I am pulling it with nothing to speak of in the truck, and carry everything in the trailer as close to the axles as is reasonable. We do travel fairly light and my front storage only has lightweight items in it (ie empty water containers, buckets, wheel chocks, fishing rods). Everything else is in the back.

I figure that I only have a couple of years before my two boys put us over the truck payload but that is a good problem to have...and will trade up the truck when we get to that point.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on our setup...

2016 Jay Flight 26BH Elite (using an Andersen WDH, so far, so good)
2014 Ram 1500 Sport w 3.92 gears and 5.7 Hemi
TommyAjax is offline   Reply With Quote