Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbpayne74 View Post
Found it.. Thanks.... Told the wife and she was all excited about that extra space.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

As long as the wife is happy all is good [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coldfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_26 View Post
If I remember correctly I bought (2) 4' x 12" for over sink and (1) 6' x 12" for over dinette and I got them from Home Depot. They carry it right in stock as well as hardware to mount. I only used like 3/8" or 1/2" long screws though with the metal brackets. For the cabinet over the sink I made the split behind the blank panel between the two center doors. Shelves were a bit snug but not too bad. So much better utilization of space and light weight. Here are some detail pics of the install.

Cheers [emoji482]

Duke

Stupid question, why do you need the Anderson levelors if you have the 4 corner stabilzer leveling jacks? Does it just make the process easier Since you just Drive over them and watch your levelmate pro. Also do you use the levelors first get the rig leveled then lower the 4 stabilizers to finalize the process?
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studiovette View Post
Stupid question, why do you need the Anderson levelors if you have the 4 corner stabilzer leveling jacks? Does it just make the process easier Since you just Drive over them and watch your levelmate pro. Also do you use the levelors first get the rig leveled then lower the 4 stabilizers to finalize the process?
No stupid questions.... You should use your stabilizer jacks to minimize movement of the trailer once it has been leveled. The stabilizers are not designed to level/lift the trailer. Use of the Anderson, Lego style or what ever under the tires for your side to side level and your hitch area lift for you front to back leveling... Once the trailer is level then you lower your stabilizers to minimize rocking/shifting of the trailer. That is my understanding.

mbpayne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:25 AM   #24

Duke would also love to know how you wired the furrion wireless cam. Did you hook into your rear trailer lights? Any pics and directions of the install?
Old 05-25-2017, 08:41 AM   #25

Quote:
Duke would also love to know how you wired the furrion wireless cam. Did you hook into your rear trailer lights? Any pics and directions of the install?
Here is the thread that Duke started on the wireless camera... Most recent 26BHs have a pre-wired option built into the middle back marker light as well. Anyway here is the link...

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34620

Old 05-25-2017, 09:07 AM   #26

I love the mods Studiovette. Do have a question on shelves, did you use the anchors with the screws, or did you just use screws through the exterior walls. If just screws, do you remember the length?

islandman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:12 AM   #27

Sorry, now i see in an earlier reply you used 3/8 or 1/2" screws through the brackets.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:13 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman63 View Post
I love the mods Studiovette. Do have a question on shelves, did you use the anchors with the screws, or did you just use screws through the exterior walls. If just screws, do you remember the length?

Those are Dukes mods but thanks anyway lol.
He posted sizes above.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:19 AM   #29

You are right, Sorry Duke!! Today is acting like a Monday to me already.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:19 AM   #30

Another thing I forgot to mention for the must haves is X-Chocks!!!! They also help keep the TT from moving around. They are not a replacement for wheel chocks, they are in addition to.

Cheers [emoji482]

Duke

2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:20 AM   #31

26BH - First Trip Report and Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman63 View Post
You are right, Sorry Duke!! Today is acting like a Monday to me already.

No worries [emoji4]. I like to refer to today as the 4th Monday of the week [emoji12]

Duke

2015 RAM 3500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, Tradesman Crew Cab 4WD
Duke_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:22 AM   #32

Now that made me laugh out loud!!

Old 05-25-2017, 09:31 AM   #33

Congrats! Glad to hear all went well on your maiden voyage!
Old 05-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #34

Can you link and explain some of these please. I put them in ( ) No rush . Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Quote:
All items below are to leave in the trailer 24/7 (no particular order of importance and some may argue you don't need all of these but my goal was to minimize issues with these purchases... Some items I may have already had as well) :
Lawn chairs
Mat/rug for under awning
Water filter device (Whirlpool bought from Lowes)
Male & Female connectors for filter device so garden hose will fit
2 - 25 ft white water hoses
1 - 25 ft hose for black flush and clean out
30 to 50 amp dogbone
15 to 30 amp plug converter
Samsung 28" tv
TV mount
6 ft coaxial cable
Dishes
Soaps
Sunscreen/bug repellent
Multiple underbelly totes for different areas
Coupler lock
Coupler pin lock
Husky wdh
Receiver lock
2nd plastic battery box
Negative battery cutoff switch and extra wire so I can quickly disconnect battery
2 - 10ft Rhinoflex sewer hoses (20ft kit)
Sewer line camco ground hold kit. ( please link couldn't find)
Scrub brush for top and front of trailer
Tools for trailer (large crescent, large channel locks, assorted ratchet sets, screw drivers)
Bit for lower and raising stabilizers
Stabilizer for entry steps ( which one did you go with)
Rug covers for entry steps. Same here
4 ft level
Water pressure regulator
Two way brass water splitter
Electric supply surge protector. ( is this for inside appliances etc.)
4 way lug wrench
Portable air compressor
Tire pressure gauge
Safety Items (first aid, led flares, caution cone, etc)
Chain lock for spare tire
Lego style leveling pads
Spare blocks of wood
Chock blocks
Cordless drill
Headlamps
Bed mattress pad (4" thick)
New bed covers and sheets
2 - 45 degree hose connects (stops hose from kinking)
Ladder for bunks. ( which one did you go with )
Spray nozzle for hose
Oxygenics Shower head replacement
Plastic plates, cups and utensils
Refrigerator rods for holding items in place while driving
Exhaust vent pillow ( what is this?)
Bed pillows
12.5 ft collapsable ladder. ( can you link it)
Good rubber gloves
Sewer tank enzymes packets ( is this required even with a black tank flush out option)
5 gallon plastic bucket
Extra Fuses
Poncho/rain jacket
Replaced back bumper end covers with type that wasps can get into. ( please link)
Command strips for hanging some items on walls.

I can't think of anything else right know but if I do I will add it later.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:40 PM   #35

All found on Amazon here are the links you noted.

Sewer line camco ground hold kit. ( please link couldn't find) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stabilizer for entry steps ( which one did you go with) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0024...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Electric supply surge protector. ( is this for inside appliances etc.) yes. Some go for other brands but this one had good reviews as well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JY...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ladder for bunks. ( which one did you go with ) cut the length to match you needs. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HET...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Exhaust vent pillow ( what is this?) on 26bh goes into bathroom vent 12x12 and prevents excessive heat or cold from coming into the trailer since it is not insulated. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0024...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

12.5 ft collapsable ladder. ( can you link it) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B2...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sewer tank enzymes packets ( is this required even with a black tank flush out option) yes.. We put 5 gallons of water with the enzymes after dumping, it prevents build up in the tank..Make sure you have the water and enzymes in the tank prior to anyone using it or you could build up a mountain that even with the flush would be hard to remove. The enzymes keep you from having build up and break down the #2 while you are camping. Any of them seem to work for the most part just check the reviews. I mix up the enzymes in a 5 gallon bucket and pour it in through the toilet after dumping and closing the back water tanks off. It remains in the tank between trips then we can go to bathroom if needed during the drive and we are ready to camp upon arriving at the site.

Replaced back bumper end covers with type that wasps can get into. ( please link) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C5...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 05-27-2017, 08:58 PM   #36

Beaver's Bend is a great place, but we shy away in summer. It's just too crowded for us. Congrats on the new trailer.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:23 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Beaver's Bend is a great place, but we shy away in summer. It's just too crowded for us. Congrats on the new trailer.
Thanks... It was a great time and perfect temperature... Not too crowded yet and caught a good number of trout fly fishing. Closest place to DFW to go fly fishing for trout.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:28 PM   #38

All this info is great!!

We just bought our first TT this past weeekend and picking it up next Tuesday (Jay Flight 242SLX). I already have ordered a couple items that you guys recommend from Amazon.

Good stuff. Thanks!
asimms21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:49 PM   #39

Quote:
All found on Amazon here are the links you noted.

Sewer line camco ground hold kit. ( please link couldn't find) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stabilizer for entry steps ( which one did you go with) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0024...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Electric supply surge protector. ( is this for inside appliances etc.) yes. Some go for other brands but this one had good reviews as well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JY...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ladder for bunks. ( which one did you go with ) cut the length to match you needs. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HET...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Exhaust vent pillow ( what is this?) on 26bh goes into bathroom vent 12x12 and prevents excessive heat or cold from coming into the trailer since it is not insulated. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0024...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

12.5 ft collapsable ladder. ( can you link it) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B2...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sewer tank enzymes packets ( is this required even with a black tank flush out option) yes.. We put 5 gallons of water with the enzymes after dumping, it prevents build up in the tank..Make sure you have the water and enzymes in the tank prior to anyone using it or you could build up a mountain that even with the flush would be hard to remove. The enzymes keep you from having build up and break down the #2 while you are camping. Any of them seem to work for the most part just check the reviews. I mix up the enzymes in a 5 gallon bucket and pour it in through the toilet after dumping and closing the back water tanks off. It remains in the tank between trips then we can go to bathroom if needed during the drive and we are ready to camp upon arriving at the site.

Replaced back bumper end covers with type that wasps can get into. ( please link) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C5...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just got home and it was like xmas came in June. I couldn't even get into the the front door from the boxes piled up so high! Well almost 2k later I think I'm just about ready to pick up my 26bh Saturday morning and going straight to a near campground. I hope I don't have too many issues come up but know you guys will be there to rescue me if needed.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:26 PM   #40

Quote:
Just got home and it was like xmas came in June. I couldn't even get into the the front door from the boxes piled up so high! Well almost 2k later I think I'm just about ready to pick up my 26bh Saturday morning and going straight to a near campground. I hope I don't have too many issues come up but know you guys will be there to rescue me if needed.

I fully understand.. My next round showed up yesterday.. My wife keeps asking when do these shipments stop coming? I say not until get all the fun items lined up to make my travel experience as easy and fun as possible.