Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2016, 11:19 AM   #1

26BH Furrion Entertainment System - Battery Related Issue?

Just joined the forums today, however, been lurking around absorbing all the useful knowledge of these forums for several months. Two weeks ago I bought a new 2016 Jayflight 26BH and only have 2 issues/questions.

We have not had it out on the maiden shakedown cruise yet, that is coming this weekend. However, since having it I have not yet had it plugged in to shore power. I store it at my house and am currently in the process of wiring up the 30amp service so I can always be on shore power when its being stored.

That being said, for the last two weeks that it has been sitting idle at my house, I have been out in it tinkering around (installing TV) moving all the "stuff" we had in our PUP into this camper and just generally getting it ready to camp. During the times I have been out there I had some lights on and/or the radio on, running off the battery that came installed from the dealer.

Sunday just before the battery died I noticed two issues with the Furrion radio. It started turning on and off by itself. It would turn on, stay on for about three seconds, then turn itself off. It would stay off for about 3 seconds and then turn itself back on. The only way I was able to stop it from doing this was to push in the reset on the head unit itself. My question is, is this a symptom of the battery dying and nothing to worry about, as it will fix itself when hooked up to shore power and the battery gets a full charge or is this a problem with the head unit that I need to go ahead and get scheduled for a warranty service? The second issue that I think could be battery related is the Bluetooth on the head unit. During my PDI, we married the head unit up to my iPhone and it streamed music flawlessly through the speakers. once at home, I tried to reconnect to my iPhone and it would not connect.

I think these are both symptoms/issues of a battery losing all charge and hope that I will see both issues are resolved once plugged into shore power this weekend on the maiden voyage. Just curious if anyone else had these same symptoms with this less than stellar head unit that came from the factory.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions or help you can provide.

Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #2

Ok, before you do anything else, check your battery on/off switch first. In order for your radio system to work efficiently, your battery switch has to be on. I've already gone through this issue with my 5th wheel. Luckily, I knew right away that my battery switch was off, even though I had shore power connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Just joined the forums today, however, been lurking around absorbing all the useful knowledge of these forums for several months. Two weeks ago I bought a new 2016 Jayflight 26BH and only have 2 issues/questions.

We have not had it out on the maiden shakedown cruise yet, that is coming this weekend. However, since having it I have not yet had it plugged in to shore power. I store it at my house and am currently in the process of wiring up the 30amp service so I can always be on shore power when its being stored.

That being said, for the last two weeks that it has been sitting idle at my house, I have been out in it tinkering around (installing TV) moving all the "stuff" we had in our PUP into this camper and just generally getting it ready to camp. During the times I have been out there I had some lights on and/or the radio on, running off the battery that came installed from the dealer.

Sunday just before the battery died I noticed two issues with the Furrion radio. It started turning on and off by itself. It would turn on, stay on for about three seconds, then turn itself off. It would stay off for about 3 seconds and then turn itself back on. The only way I was able to stop it from doing this was to push in the reset on the head unit itself. My question is, is this a symptom of the battery dying and nothing to worry about, as it will fix itself when hooked up to shore power and the battery gets a full charge or is this a problem with the head unit that I need to go ahead and get scheduled for a warranty service? The second issue that I think could be battery related is the Bluetooth on the head unit. During my PDI, we married the head unit up to my iPhone and it streamed music flawlessly through the speakers. once at home, I tried to reconnect to my iPhone and it would not connect.

I think these are both symptoms/issues of a battery losing all charge and hope that I will see both issues are resolved once plugged into shore power this weekend on the maiden voyage. Just curious if anyone else had these same symptoms with this less than stellar head unit that came from the factory.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions or help you can provide.

Steven
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tularockstar View Post
Ok, before you do anything else, check your battery on/off switch first. In order for your radio system to work efficiently, your battery switch has to be on. I've already gone through this issue with my 5th wheel. Luckily, I knew right away that my battery switch was off, even though I had shore power connected.

The battery switch was on when I had these problems because I had also briefly turned on a light switch to make sure the battery was not completely dead (I assume none of the lights could operate if the battery switch were off). I was not hooked into shore power at that time either so I was only on the battery (before it died). I have checked all the other items that could be drawing power from the battery, no lights were left on, no appliances left on. The only things that appeared to be on drawing from the battery were the clock on the entertainment system and the gas/carbon monoxide alarm.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #4

Ok, thanks. Yes, it probably was your battery running out of power. Our battery lasted about three hours, before the Furrion started going crazy! Then, I realized that the battery switch was off.
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #5

I had issues with it not keeping time properly. I would set it and come back later and it would be the wrong time by hours. I have the 26Bh and I am connected to shore power. The microwave keeps proper time. I contacted Jayco and they told me to bring it in to get replaced.
Logan lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan lake View Post
I had issues with it not keeping time properly. I would set it and come back later and it would be the wrong time by hours. I have the 26Bh and I am connected to shore power. The microwave keeps proper time. I contacted Jayco and they told me to bring it in to get replaced.
Well after I spend the weekend in it this weekend on shore power I will know if it's the battery or the radio. Granite it is brand new, however I am not sure I want to give up my camper for any length of time just to be replaced with the same low end system, will have to make that decision after I know what's going on.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:56 PM   #7

Happy to report all the issues I was having with the radio all corrected themselves once I hooked up to shore power, so they all appear to be symptoms of low battery when operating Sorey off he battery.