Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
26BH Modification

We bought used 2013 26BH and have decided to remodel the "bunk-house" room as follows:

1. Convert the bottom full size bed to single bunk, same size as top bunk. (2) Remove the curved basement wall at the rooms entrance and add a new partition wall along the inner edge of the lower bunk that would run full length of same. (3) Add a desk top/night stand for lower bunk that could also be accessed from a sitting position between the lower bunk and wall.

This would cut basement storage in half, but as it is the space is too easily cluttered. I try to stick with saying I learned from US Coast Guard patrol boat sailing,..."on a ship everything has a place, and everything should be in it's place." I'm also wondering how to secure the lower partition wall mod. frame work to the floor without putting a hole in a holding tank.

kuzbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:56 PM   #2
Ask Jayco for drawings that show the tank locations. Not sure exactly what you are doing but when I changed the dinette to a table and chairs I glued a piece of 3/4" material to the 1/2" plywood flooring and screwed into that. Might work for your application?
2008 modified 26BHS
Ford F150
Island_tim is offline   Reply With Quote