Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
26BH vs 28BHS

New member here... Just put up an intro post in the new member section.

My wife and I are just starting to look at TTs. Like what we see in the Jayco line better than most of the others we've looked at. Just seems to be a good bit of value for the price with this brand.

We're currently focused on either the 26BH and the 28BHS. As "S" usually denotes a slider in the Jayco line, I'm assuming it has one. Based on the pictures in the company's website, I'm not completely sure. If it has a slider at all, it's just a foot or so at the sofa. Is that correct?

Also, one reservation I had about the 26BH is that the Queen bed was a 'short queen' and I'm not all that short at 6'3". Is the bed in the 28 a regular Queen or is it a shorty, too?

Merlinspop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Welcome to the Jayco Owners' Forum, Bruce.

You may be right on both counts. The "queen" bed in our 29RLS is slightly shorter than a normal queen bed, so I would guess that the queen beds in both the 26BH and the 28BHS are also "shortys".

I checked the floorplans on the Jayco site and it appears that the only slide on the 28BHS is the cabinet above the sofa.

If you don't have a local dealer who can answer your questions, give Jayco corporate headquarters a call.

Best of luck on your search for a travel trailer.

Emeritus Member of Jayco Owners' Forum
Texas Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Site Team
Hi Merlonspop and welcome to the Jayco Owners forum! We have the 29bhs... it's nice to have the jack-n-jill bunk as we have grandkids. G2 is nice because it has standard much of what the non G2 has.

My son-in-law is 6'9" (yup, a monster tall!) and only really fit on the couch that we folded down into a bed.... he really hung over, but would fit no where else. Not sure that this helps... sorry. Happy shopping though
Denise, DH, grandkids, and two rescue pups
-2016 Jay Flight 29QBS Elite
-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt

CLICK HERE to save 30% $$ or more off your next Jayco RV
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #4
The queen bed in my 2003 27BH was short. I am only 5'10" and my feet were near the end.
Joe, Joyce , 4 Kids and 3 Dogs.
2004 V-10 Excursion with Hellwig sway bar, Roadmaster Active Suspension, Bilstein shocks and steering stabilizer, Super Duty Tow Mirrors,
3.73 Gears, Reese dual cam, Prodigy brake controller.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #5

I have a 2009 25bhs jay flight. Mine has a queen bed that does take standard queen sheets but it has entertainment center starts directly at end of bed so It may be a bit short for you. I noticed on the floor plans on jayco's web site it looks like you can walk around the end of the bed but in reality you can't,
I have a door way on each side of the bed, However we have the full slide out for couch and dinette and it gives you a nice roomy feeling plus for the taller guests the couch has an air bed which is quite large to fit the taller person. I have a family of five and I highly recommend the Jayco. Took it out this past weekend everything ran great! Plus its better made and has a lot more storage than the others we looked at. Best of luck in you search.
lciancola is offline   Reply With Quote