Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2017, 10:54 AM   #1

27DSRL Swivel Chair/Wall damage

I was curious as to what others have done to prevent damage to their swivel rocker chairs and the adjacent wall/blind frames. I just picked up a 2015 and noted that the back of the chairs had the rear covering nails strip slightly exposed. It is metal and easily cuts and scrapes anything it rubs against. Also the left side, emergency window catch is also prime for damaging the back of the chairs if not pulled out when in use.

My short term fix was to place a piece of split foam pipe insulation over the emergency window handle/bracket as a buffer to the back of the chair. It is quickly removed if the window needs to be opened.

My biggest problem is the stiff, shade side panels as when the chair is swiveled, it is hard not to hit and scrape them. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
ScottB1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #2

Swivel adds to your getting used to the new rig, congrats on that by the way. The RKS had a fabric cap to use on the top back of the recliner, used in combination with the tie straps to hold them in place during transit. I bet you could address the exposed nails with a similar cap but the rest is knowing to not swivel in a reclined position I suppose. Hope the results are good for you however you find a solution. That's a nice floor plan for sure.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:18 PM   #3

We have the 2017 model and our recliners don't swivel. Wish they did sometimes. We do have to turn the one that is on the slide side, sideways to retract the slide. So far we have had no damage in 3000 miles.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nOZ View Post
We have the 2017 model and our recliners don't swivel. Wish they did sometimes. We do have to turn the one that is on the slide side, sideways to retract the slide. So far we have had no damage in 3000 miles.
OZ X2 on 2016 model

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #5

Thanks. These do not recline, but do rock and swivel quite a bit. May need to drape cover/blanket over them intil I find a better solution...
I'll let you know with some pics as I look into it over the weekend.
ScottB1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:51 PM   #6

We have never had any issues with the chairs getting damaged, but I could easily see how the frame that surrounds the window could get damaged by the chair rocking/swiveling. Not much I can see to do, just pull the chair away from the windows a bit and be careful.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote