Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #1

2nd Television signal...HELP!

My 2014 24FBS has a television hookup and power plug in bedroom. Mounted a TV/DVD and DVD works great but no signal from antenna/cable. Main TV works super. What do I do to get the signal moving into the bedroom TV? Must be a switch or something easy to turn but I can't find anything in the manuals and I'm pretty lost when it comes to this stuff. LOL
Can one of you smart guys guide me in the right direction?
BTW, the TV is a 26" Continuou-us (CT-2620/CT) and the Stereo radio is a Jensen (AWM965).
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:26 AM   #2

Remove the power TV jack from the main TV. Check to be sure that all cables are connected on the rear of the block. There should be one from the roof antenna, one from the outside cable / AB jumper block and one going to the remaining TV's in the camper, so there should be 3 connected to that block. If all is good there, check the connector in the rear of the bedroom bedroom to be sure it's connected.

If there are only 2 TV outlets on your camper, the only other item can be a cut wire. If there's another outlet, pull that one and insure that the splitter is connected properly.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #3

2nd tv

Also, make sure the input on the bedroom TV is set to TV and not one of the other inputs if you are receiving antenna signals. Also, the TV will have to do a channel search from the menu to find available signals each time you relocate your trailer. If that doesn't do it, it must be one of the connections as someone else has already suggested. You also have a signal boost button that must be turned on and must already be if you are getting good reception on the main TV.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:56 AM   #4

This is the ANTENNA PANEL that provides cable connections for your two TV sets. Connect your front TV set to the F-connector jack on this panel... If you are using CABLE input from the camp ground push the button switch to make sure the LED is OFF. If you are using your OTA Roof mounted antenna then the LED light should be ON. This same procedure applies for the bedroom TV.

This is pictorial of the ANTENNA PANEL TV CABLE CONNECTIONS... Might Help

Roy ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #5

Thanks so much for your responses. I won't have time to check it out until next weekend or so but it looks like one of your suggestions should be the ticket. If not, I'll let you know and you can help me verify and find the cut cable (and then what??).
Jeff
Old 08-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #6

Given that the thread title had to do with Television and contained the word HELP! (Especially with the all caps and exclamation point) I was sure this thread would be about the Beatles second film.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #7

GOT IT!! Couldn't wait until next weekend so checked it out today per your advice. First, all the BR TV settings were correct to antenna and scan did nothing. Then I pulled the main antenna cable panel off and verifired that they were all okay. I then opened up the BR cable panel, and lo and behold, the cable was not connected (quality control?). Hooked that up and now it works as it should. The DW is super happy.
Thanks a bunch for all your suggestions....JOF saved the day again.
Happy RVing.
Jeff