Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
My OCD works like yours. But I have to wonder if the only time my LP drains leak is when the system is under pressure (I haven't tested mine for it, and my plan for winterization or storage in general is to blow out the lines). If you release the line pressure before you complete your winterization, would your LPs still leak? Knowing the answer to this question would help me sleep a little better at night if I had AF in my water lines...
That would work for winterizing but the system is always under pressure while camping and would still drip. It seems to be fixed now, we'll see. Thanks

As far as "good" antifreeze, I thought that was the whole point. The stuff I'm using is rated to -50, it rarely gets below zero around here so I hope it "good" enough!!

GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:41 AM   #12
my $.02:
you now know the source of your pump cycling on/off. Do your best to seal the leaking plug. If you are still worried about the cycling pump, then only turn your pump on during the night if someone has to use the bathroom.

as for propane use, start a weekend trip with a full tank. make a mental note of what LP appliances are used during the weekend (WH, stove, furnace, frig). refill the tank again after you get home. that will give you an idea how much LP gas is used and an idea how long your tank will last.

I have a 1gal portable tank that I use for my 3burner coleman stove. It will ALMOST last (2) three day weekends of eggs, bacon, frenchtoast, coffee, dinner and hot cocoa for my family of seven. therefore I fill it before we leave everytime.

tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #13
Get a tank with a built in float gauge at Sams for about $20. They are non-restricting and accurate.

Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #14
Wow. That looks like the perfect solution for that issue. Thanks!

GMC is offline   Reply With Quote