Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2012, 04:37 AM   #11
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
Looks like a perfect TT setup for you! I've seen a few out in CG's this year. I love the interiors. I've noticed the tires are farther apart than my TT-32bhds. Is that for better road handling or to accommodate the lighter weight...etc?
31dslbguy gave a great review. Although I use the outside fridge, stove and BBQ often. Can do without the sink tho. The axles are set further apart for better towing. As he said, in a cross wind, not much helps. Another thing is the roof material does not seem to be the normal smooth rubber. The slide out has the smooth rubber roof.

James Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
Great Review 31dslbguy, this was the kind of review we were looking for when we were shopping.
We bought the White Hawk 31dslb this spring, have used it once. My biggest concern was how my 2005 Chev Z71 4x4 would pull it - I was pleasantly surprised. We towed 400km, pulled and handled great. Power was sufficient but only averaged 8 - 8.5 MPG. 100km of the trip was in a very strong (50+km/hr) crosswind and driving rain, still pulled at 95 - 100km/hr with very little waggle to the trailer at all. We did encounter a large hill, made the truck work. If I was hauling through the mountains, I would be replacing my tired old chevy (225,000 km).
This is my fist trailer with electric awnings, and I did have to retract them (main awning and one over the outdoor kitchen) a few times due to wind. They will lift when a wind gust catches them and bang back down, I did not want to find out what would happen if they caught a big gust. With my old trailer and manual awning, I found out the hard way the fabric is the first to go, not sure that would be the case with the electric awning.

x2 on the storage - front passthrough is canvernous. I really have no dislikes at this time, but minor things:
- want for a bit more storage in the bathroom (we use the back room slideout wardrobe to store bathroom stuff)
- higher/deeper drawers in kitchen for cutlery
- BBQ that comes with it does not cook very even, but the quick connect and bumper mount are very convenient!
Good luck with the decision.

202Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #13
I just picked up my 31DSLB last Friday afternoon and was parked, landing gear down, and sipping some wine about 5 hours later in a spot about 4 hours north of me. This is my first trailer and I love it. It took me about 3 weeks to finally pull the trigger on buying this as it was such a huge decision. I am not disappointing...... neither are my wife or 4 kids. We loved every minute and every feature. Lots of room and tons of space. I know that many people like to upgrade or change after a couple years but I think we got it right on the first try.
wildside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #14
I pick mine up on Friday, 3/29/13. I can't wait.
apr1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #15
We just took our new Jayco 31dslb on its maiden voyage to a beautiful campground (Parnell Creek, Woodville Alabama) and everything went just great. We traded up from a smaller unit because when we were in Colorado a few weeks ago our Granddaughter and her bff stayed with us and we had to give up the whole living space for them to sleep. This trip our 7 year old grandson went with and he claimed the bunk house as his. We had plenty of room and storage space and max comfort. The temp reached about 90 with hi humidity and we were very comfortable. I tow with a 2010 F150 5.4 Flex Fuel and we did great. Ran between 65 and 70 on the interstates and got a bit over 11 mpg. I kept telling my wife that we do not want a tt with a bunk house. Boy was I wrong. The 31 bunk house is perfect. Not only was it claimed by our grandson but it is a great place to sit and relax and read so it definitely doubles as a den. If just the two of us go it is great as a dressing room, as well. Although this unit is 9 feet longer than the one we traded it pulls better. We had a number of comments from neighbors at the campground and a few came to see what we had. All were impressed as we were when we looked at it. I had to try out the outside grill made some great burgers and cleaned up great. As we are both retired we have next weeks trip planned already. We had to come home for some appointments or we would still be out. I would recommend the White Hawk not only to retired couples who really want some space but to families as well. By the way the outside entrance into the bathroom is a great feature. When you (or your grandkids) come from the pool etc, you don't track all the way through the living room. The bedroom is just a bit small, but as I said earlier the bunk house or even the bathroom have plenty of room to change. The bed is very comfortable, and we slept very well. Luv it......
bamagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #16
Just one more quick entry. We had an ice maker that we purchased a couple of years ago. it is a small unit that was about $150. We put it in the front storage compartment and as soon as we hooked up added water. Voila, the next morning plenty of ice. The next evening, well, I like mine shaken not stirred.

bamagator is offline   Reply With Quote