Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #1

32 FKS Wet Bathroom Floor

The floor in my bathroom with the toilet has gone soft and rotten from water. I pulled up the flooring and it was dry by the toilet but wet towards the rear of trailer in that room. There has been no water on top the floor at anytime. This has really got me stumped. Any suggestion where the water might be coming from?
Dwayneha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #2

32 FKS Wet Bathroom Floor

Through the walls from the roof ares would be my guess. Good luck and let us know what you find.
lx22f/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #3

I agree with checking above. The vent stack is often in the immediate area of the toilet. Water could follow that down pretty much unnoticed.

I'm 99% certain that my 23b wheel wells not being properly sealed contributed to some of the floor damage in my toilet area. I'm not saying that is your problem, but if the toilet is in the general area of the wheelwheels it may be worth a close look. When I removed the wheelwell arch fancy trim I could see where the water was able to get into the flooring and under the vinyl.

Any outside running lights or water service ports are another classic water leak possibility.

Shower wall seams and fasteners have some history, but I think that your shower is separate and across the hall, so that is less likely.

Good luck. vic
VicS1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #4

Check in the pantry for the back-flow preventor on the black tank flush system. Mine leaked and water got under the carpet and the walls. I eventually piped it direct and use a screw-on back-flow preventor.

Good luck on the search.

Tracking campgrounds with Ultimate Campground Log
dalenoel is offline   Reply With Quote