Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #1

32BHDS fresh water drain?

So, I see the two low point drains on the trailer, but nothing else as far as a valve goes. The manual mentions another valve, possibly on the inside of the trailer, but where??

The bottom of the trailer is not exposed (thermal package) so am I missing something here or what?

Thanks!

2014 Ram 2500 Megacab, CTD, lifted on 37's
AV8B6015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:37 PM   #2

On my 2014 the two drains for the fresh water TANKS have the valves on the outside, on the drain line itself. If you looking for just the low point drain, valves look under the frig.
You should only need to open those to drain the entire system, like when winterizing.
campingn.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:49 PM   #3

It's on the outside of the trailer below the kitchen window near the frame. It's a white valve. It is ridiculously slow draining. I have been just pumping it out to the grey tank and then dumping. Much faster to drain. For example, it took two days to drain from the normal small white valve on the outside of the trailer and about 30min to pump it into the grey tank with all of the faucets open.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyadamn View Post
It's on the outside of the trailer below the kitchen window near the frame. It's a white valve. It is ridiculously slow draining. I have been just pumping it out to the grey tank and then dumping. Much faster to drain. For example, it took two days to drain from the normal small white valve on the outside of the trailer and about 30min to pump it into the grey tank with all of the faucets open.
Thanks,
Mine has the two white valves, I was just wondering about the other valve the manual was talking about. Guess it's just a generic manual. It does take a long time to drain, but I'm in no hurry. We don't leave til Sunday.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #5

Are the two white valves you have open connected to the red and blue hoses? Those are only for the water lines, not the fresh water tank. Do you have two white valves on the outside of the trailer?

For me, I have the two white valves on the red/blue hoses inside the trailer under my refrigerator. When I have my water pump on, if I open those valves, it will pump the water out of the fresh water tank and flow out of the bottom of the trailer from the red/blue hoses. If the water pump is off, then only the pipes will drain - everything above those pipes - not much. For just the fresh water tank on my trailer (2014 32BHDS), I have only 1 white valve outside of the trailer connected to a white hose. There are two other white hoses connected to my fresh water tank for overflow, and I know some people are adding white valves to those, but you should be getting no flow from those unless you overfill your fresh tank. I plan on adding those, but haven't gotten around to it yet - this is to stop the siphon effect after filling too high.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:02 PM   #6

If i use the low point drain on the outside (29RLDS) will that drain the water from the water heater also?

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #7

I have wondered that myself. I don't know where your water heater is, but mine is on the opposite side of the trailer from my drain. I do not have a schematic of how the lines are routed. Unless someone knows for sure, the best bet is to remove the plug from the water heater to drain fully.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:22 PM   #8

The only valves I have found are on the outside, in front of the front wheels on the awning side. Two white valves marked "low point drain". It takes a while, but it drains the fresh water tank.
There are two hoses for the overflow, and two more between the two valves, but no other valves anywhere I can see.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8B6015 View Post
The only valves I have found are on the outside, in front of the front wheels on the awning side. Two white valves marked "low point drain". It takes a while, but it drains the fresh water tank.
There are two hoses for the overflow, and two more between the two valves, but no other valves anywhere I can see.
On my '15 32BHDS the low,point drains have funny tee handles that are accessible from INSIDE the camper, in a cabinet under the refrigerator, you may need to move some gear you packed in that cabinet to see them.

In addition, There are two fresh water tank valves that are turnale from outside, under the trailer. They are visible even if you have enclosed belly.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in calif View Post
If i use the low point drain on the outside (29RLDS) will that drain the water from the water heater also?
Probably not. There is too much "air lock" possibilities to drain. (Theoretically it's possible, but real world?)

It's much safer to just drain the thing the correct way. No worries and no second guessing.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote