Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2015, 10:39 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammerz View Post
Im going to buy this model as well. The ONLY downsides I can see is: no window on the "doors" side, a curtain (as opposed to a real door) between kids bunk area and kitchen area, and so-so cabinet space. I love the island, the kitchen layout, the double doors, the exterior kitchen, and the bunk area is amazing. Perfect for kids. I plan on parking the trailer at an annual use campsite and just leaving it there year round.
I'm doing the same thing, I couldn't find any model that I liked better!
fourshermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:53 PM   #22

32ibts

Hi we are looking into purchasing this model as well. The downside for me is the storage in the bunk room. I am hoping they can install some shelves and cupboard doors where the tv is suppose to go. Three kids, I need a place to put the clothes away that doesn't involve bending (bad back). Then the kids could use the storage under the dinette for their toys, etc.
Disappointed by the lack of window in the kitchen as well, on the door side.
CampingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:57 PM   #23

We are about to order the 2016 in fiberglass. Would be great to hear your thoughts since you got yours.
wildwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie View Post
We are about to order the 2016 in fiberglass. Would be great to hear your thoughts since you got yours.
Nice, do you have any information about what has changed with the 2016 jay flights? This is an awesome floor plan and my family is interested possibly buying one. It's a little longer than I'd like but it is a perfect layout.

Keep us posted on your experience!
Stovepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:28 PM   #25

So far we've only spent about 4 nights in it but we're planning on taking it out again this weekend.

The layout worked great. We ordered it with the free standing table in the kitchen and the regular table/chairs in the bunk area which made it great when we had visitors and it rained half our trip.

The cabinets on each end of the island hold way more groceries than I thought it would.

It's a long and heavy trailer for sure but we like the layout. As mentioned before my only real complaint is no window in the kitchen.

We have a '14 Ram 2500 diesel... I can't imagine pulling it with less but a gas engine might work if you don't go far or stay in the flat land.
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:04 PM   #26

We will be doing the same. Keeping it in an RV resort they pull it in and out of storage for us.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovepipe View Post
Nice, do you have any information about what has changed with the 2016 jay flights? This is an awesome floor plan and my family is interested possibly buying one. It's a little longer than I'd like but it is a perfect layout.

Keep us posted on your experience!
I hope to get the information from out dealer today. Love this floor plan as we have six grandkids!
Old 04-21-2015, 07:15 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk98 View Post
So far we've only spent about 4 nights in it but we're planning on taking it out again this weekend.

The layout worked great. We ordered it with the free standing table in the kitchen and the regular table/chairs in the bunk area which made it great when we had visitors and it rained half our trip.

The cabinets on each end of the island hold way more groceries than I thought it would.

It's a long and heavy trailer for sure but we like the layout. As mentioned before my only real complaint is no window in the kitchen.

We have a '14 Ram 2500 diesel... I can't imagine pulling it with less but a gas engine might work if you don't go far or stay in the flat land.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the unit! My plan, if I buy this one, is to pull it with a Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi. I'm sure it would be loud, but could probably manage east TN hills fine.

Quote:
I hope to get the information from out dealer today. Love this floor plan as we have six grandkids!
I can't think of a better layout for 6 kids! Keep us updated on your findings please.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:37 AM   #29

I think power wise you'd be okay with 6.4. My fear with a gas engine and a 36' trailer was getting into gas stations. At least with the diesel I just hit up the truck stops and have plenty of room.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:38 AM   #30

We ordered ours last night!!! Can't wait to see it since there are no pictures of the new interior decor changes. Love that it has remotes for the slide outs and awning now.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #31

Quote:
We ordered ours last night!!! Can't wait to see it since there are no pictures of the new interior decor changes. Love that it has remotes for the slide outs and awning now.
Woohooo congrats! I just got back from my Jayco dealer and they had no information at all about 2016s yet.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:56 PM   #32

Still happy ?

Hello all- we've been contemplating an RV purchase for a few years and today went "window shopping" at our local dealers and really fell for the 32 IBTS.

Wondering if those of you who purchased it this year are still happy and/or have any hindsight insights. I know it's been less than a year for most of you but how'd your camping season go with it?

We have 2 young boys and an 18 yo in college. We anticipate having anywhere from 2-8 kids/teens with us on camping trips.

We imagine kids playing/hanging in their own area and us grown ups having our own space. Is that a realistic (from your experiences)?

We are debating between the dinette and the table and chairs

Lastly how have you overcome the lack of storage in the bunk house (in any model)?
HarFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 07:10 PM   #33

Congrats on the new trailer, and good call on the new TV. You will love the island, we like ours. You actually gain quite a bit of storage in the island side, might be able to use your pantry area as storage for the bunks by relocating pantry items to the island sides.

We looked hard at the 32IBTS but ended up going with the 29BHDS, which is similar to the 28BHBE as far as the rear area but has the island center/front floorplan like the 32IBTS. We didn't have a big enough family yet NOR a big enough TV to handle the 32IBTS is what it came down to. Shorter length was also a plus.

My only complaint really is on the kitchen slide, if you don't position the awning exactly right, it will hit the corners of the slide, I fear eventually it will tear it. I brought it up at the dealer when we took delivery, and got a fairly generic answer that jayco designed it that way so it should be fine. I am already seeing indentations in the awning. I am thinking about installing some small guide wheels on the top to keep it off the sharp corners.

ProPride 3P

jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:33 PM   #34

Har,

We looked at the 32 IBTS, but ended up going with the 32 BHDS. My wife loved the kitchen area with the island, and I thought it was a nice layout also.

Probably the two biggest reasons we decided not to go with the IBTS is the bunk room curtain (BHDS has a sliding door), and the "enclosed feeling" of the stove area (not that we cook inside very much- actually hardly ever!!!). When we picked up our BHDS, I did notice the possible awning issue with the kitchen slide as well.

BUT... if the IBTS had an actual bunk room door, I have a feeling we would have went that route instead! From a couple comments on it from my wife, it sounds like that was the deciding factor for her. between the IBTS and the BHDS.

Some of these floor plans are very hard to choose between!!! Lol

Make sure you go with a good hitch system as mentioned with integrated sway control. Reese Dual Cam, Reese SC system, Equal-I-Zer 4 way system, etc, and 1400 or 1500lbs...

Good luck deciding!!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:46 PM   #35

We love our 32IBTS, the only downside is the queen bedroom. Not a lot of room. I would go for the table and chairs if I had to do it again. You do lose the space under the benches and less sleeping area. The island is wonderful, you can do dishes and still be hanging out with the family and the space for cans on each end is great!
Old 09-13-2015, 06:21 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourshermans View Post
We love our 32IBTS, the only downside is the queen bedroom. Not a lot of room. I would go for the table and chairs if I had to do it again. You do lose the space under the benches and less sleeping area. The island is wonderful, you can do dishes and still be hanging out with the family and the space for cans on each end is great!
Same for our BHDS in the front bedroom. Not a ton of room regarding changing clothes, but possible.

I know it was a very tough decision between the tow models!!! The island would have been nice for the extra storage.

My thought if we had decided on the IBTS on protecting the awning from the kitchen slide is either an awning roller as mentioned on the slide (maybe a 2-3 rollers), or maybe pool noodles/ pipe insulation.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:57 AM   #37

Pool noodles are a great idea! I also worry about the awning. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:13 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourshermans View Post
Pool noodles are a great idea! I also worry about the awning. Thanks.
YW!!! May need a ladder to reach it though. If so, I have been pretty happy the short time I have had the GPL 7' folding ladder. Fits in a 5"x5" fence post sleeve for storage! Pics in my signature.

My other thought was to try slicing a small rubber hose (fuel line maybe???) and seeing if it could/ would stay on the slide, even when closed. But when we deicded on the BHDS instead, I didn't have to worry about it.

Good luck!

Old 09-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #39

We have really enjoyed ours. We got the free standing table and chairs in the kitchen area and the dinette in the rear. Being able seat 8 in bad weather is great. It also gives the kids a place to do crafts without crowding us.

We actually preferred the curtain over the closed off feel of most of the other bunk houses. Those thin RV doors aren't huge sound deadeners anyway.

The dinette in the back gives good storage under the table so so far we have had enough storage but a wardrobe would be nice. I noticed they have dropped the 32ibts and replaced it with a model similar but with a front shower and I think a wardrobe in the back.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
Old 09-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #40

We have only had two weekends in ours so far, but we are really happy with it. Love the island. I like the dinette because there is so much storage under the benches and the plastic tubs are great. We have the futon couch and there is a lot of storage underneath it as well.

I don't feel cramped in the kitchen and the Island has lots of storage on the sides. Most of our cooking will be done in the outdoor kitchen which we really like.

One thing that is inconvenient is the bunkhouse slide has to be put in every time you need to empty your tanks.

We will have to take another look at the kitchen slide and awning, thank for those comments.

One more issue, even though, we asked every person at the dealer (sales, manager, installer, walk through..etc) and they even called the Jayco rep., the bunkhouse tv wiring is not set up to run off the satellite. Also, would have liked to have satellite cabling for outside.

I agree with drk98 regarding the curtain vs door...rv doors are thin anyways.