Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-30-2016, 11:30 AM   #1

333BHOK Eagle

Has anyone ordered one of these? It is close to what I have (32BHDS) but with the king bed in a slide. Our one complaint about our trailer is the small front bed/bedroom. One thing different that I see with the 333BHOK is there is no rear door like I have in my 32BHDS. Another thing I like is there are options for 2 additional grey tanks (3 total). I live in Arizona so I would rather have this floor plan in the Jayflight with the metal siding.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:49 PM   #2

We can't provide any feedback on that model but please join our AZ Jayco owner's group;
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/gr...co+owners.html
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #3

I don't have that particular model, but we have the 2017 Eagle 330RSTS and has the same bed/bath layout as the 333BHOK.

Our previous trailer had basically the same bedroom layout as your 32BHDS and we also hated it and was one of the major reasons we dumped it after only one year. Just couldn't deal with the tightness of it where the layout of the new Eagle's is a night and day difference with the bed in a slideout and we couldn't be happier.

A LOT more closet space and storage and a dresser to boot. We chose to stay with the Queen bed to keep the end tables on each side and give us a little more room on the sides of the bed. We also like the windows on each side of the slideout near the head of the bed. The bathroom with that large shower is also a blessing compared to the "phone booth" we were showering in although that might not matter if you shower in facilities at the campgrounds vs. in the trailer like we do. The Eagle does not have a tub though, only a shower.

Ours came with three grey tanks standard (wasn't an option). One for the kitchen, one for the bathroom, and one for a washer/dryer hookup (which we aren't using).

As for the rear door, not sure it is necessary as the bathroom is right next to the main entry door in the Eagle vs. being in the back on your current one and everyone would have to traverse the living area to get to it from the main entry door.

As for the aluminum siding, alas your out of luck there in the Eagle lineup.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:55 AM   #4

WE LOVE THIS TRAILER and the new color scheme. My only concern with this trailer is that it is 41FT LONG. That leads me to believe that it is slightly LESS maneuverable than a 45ft toy hauler. with a CC LB truck you would nearly always have to be in the big vip or pull through sites. We are a 35ft with our current trailer and we just make it into a lot of the backins where some one has parked directly across the street.

What do yall think?

2017 F250 CCLB 6.2 4.30 gears
2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hd View Post
WE LOVE THIS TRAILER and the new color scheme. My only concern with this trailer is that it is 41FT LONG. That leads me to believe that it is slightly LESS maneuverable than a 45ft toy hauler. with a CC LB truck you would nearly always have to be in the big vip or pull through sites. We are a 35ft with our current trailer and we just make it into a lot of the backins where some one has parked directly across the street.

What do yall think?
The length of these new full size Eagle TT's (my 330RSTS is 39' 3") does not bode well for a lot of smaller campgrounds or state/county/local campgrounds due to their length. But we wanted a more seasonal than weekend unit as well as "room to move" and we just felt that it fit our wants and needs perfectly and if that meant we had to give up certain places to park on the way to wherever we are staying for a while, so be it.

I have a Crew Cab std. Bed 2500HD and with the trailer attached, it is a challenge in getting it in some back in sites that are advertised to handle a 40' trailer. And don't get me started on getting gas! But I have to admit that these challenges have made me MUCH BETTER at backing that sucker up!!! There was one time we had to get a few campers across the road from one spot to move their vehicles so we would have enough room to swing/back that beast in. We have also passed on a few sites that we were told would be fine, but in reality were just too tight of a fit.

So when we made the trek to Florida from Michigan, I specifically looked for campgrounds with "big rig" friendly sites, and if possible, always got a pull thru so I wouldn't have to unhitch on our overnight stops. The extra few bucks for those sites was worth it to me in not having to back up or unhitch for overnight stops.