Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2016, 09:45 PM   #21

For many kids, no amount of money would be enough to cover the damage they do. Not to mention cost of insurance for pools, playground, campfires etc. Some places charge for animals and having worked campgrounds that is certainly earned money. At least half never pick up after their kids or their animals. People use the facilities as a day care... had one kid open a value on the water tank and drained over 7,000 gallons of water, water that had to be hauled in .

By the way, I have 5 kids and a dozen grandkids... no complaints from me.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:37 AM   #22

At my seasonal CG down Cape Cod.. My seasonal rate of $3800 (includes 10% discount if paid by 3/15) includes two adults and one car. Then its $200 per extra person for the season. This includes kids. It's also $200 for an extra car at the site.
The good news is, my pooch is included in the base rate this year! Last year it was $200 for the dog.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #23

One of the reasons that we prefer state parks. I remember this same problem when I camped with my parents 30 years ago at some parks. While I am sure there is some truth to added expenses to the park for more bodies, each camper is already using different amounts of the camp resources. Some people use the pool, some don't. Some ride the hayride some don't. Some people take twice a day 30 minute hot showers at the shower house, others take a navy shower in the rv every other day. It is about the income on a for profit business. This is just like a hotel that advertises rooms from $29.99 a night, but by time you pay it comes out to $100. But like any other business, I get to choose where I spend my money. I find the rates I like, just like I drive a Ford instead of a Range Rover.