Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2016, 03:14 PM   #11
Thanks for everyone's thoughts. I agree with all that adding it wouldn't be worth the cost. I don't have power stabilizers which is where I see the unit could come in handy. The slide goes out once and doesn't go back till your under way. I thought it could be useful for the awning but for the hassle I'll get off my lazy butt and hit the button on the cabinet. Considering I'm coming from a manual awning on a pup I'll be content with the hard wired button.

1999 Ford F-250 7.3 ltr (Betsy) till death do us part
1997 Jayco 1406. Reluctantly up for sale. Maybe
2017 Jayco 28BHBE elite
Gman1372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:12 PM   #12
We have it on our 2014 Eagle and I use it all the time. Carry the remote in the truck so when I get out I don't have to unlock the front button for the front jacks. Just use the remote.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 11:48 PM   #13
Originally Posted by Gman1372 View Post
You guys are doing a good job talking me out of it. I was also curious if my unit was set up for it but just didn't come with the controller
Well it seems many don't care for it but I use mine all the time. It works great because on my trailer the outdoor lights are behind a door obove the entertainment center. The remote housing is on the wall by the front door so it works like a light switch when going outside. I don't even use the toggle switch ever cause I have the remote. I do like to use it for the awning all the time as well. Then at home I park the trailer on the side of my house and the front door is very hard to use so I have to use the rear door into the bathroom on the driver side (2016 BHS model) to access the coach. Since I have the double slide I can't get through the coach to get to the command center so I use the remote to open her up. I don't know what I would do without it but to each is own on this one. However i do believe it's a look at what I have option that came with the trailer when I bought it off the lot. Just like all the fancy buttons I have on my truck that I used when I first bought it and never used again.

2016 25BHS White Hawk 2016 F-150 Lariat V-6 ECO-BEAST (Ruby Red) Max tow package & Recurve R-3 WD hitch. Can't forget the dog "Olive" all black lab :)
Dropnaduece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #14
I dont see how the people that have it dont bother to really use it,i think it's great,i use mine all the time.i keep the remote in my truck,comes in handy when we come back to the trailer and it's dark i can turn on the awning lights,or if it's raining i can open the awning up to keep us dry til we get in.Also it's nice to hit the button for the power jacks and walk around and set up the pads for the feet without having to run back and forth and press the button on the trailer to line them up.I do agree adding it to a trailer that didnt come with it could be costly,but personally i use mine all the time.

06 2500 Duramax. Air lift 5000 air bags,Equalizer WDH, EFI live,fass fuel system,4" straight pipe

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote