Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2017, 07:21 PM   #1

A lot of Firsts

Over spring break we took our family to Fort Pickens (Florida) and I think everyone realized that tent camping was not longer a "fun" way for us to vacation...we've just out grown it. Spent some time looking at local RV lots, and doing a lot of reading and finally settled on Jayco due to reputation, but even more so the warranty.

We've decided on a 28DSBH White Hawk, and we will be making the 5 hour trek to Cortland IL next weekend to pick it up.....can't wait.
dloucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Congratulations and welcome to JOF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:01 PM   #3

Just don't let all the negative posts scare you. Although there are campers out there with problems, there are more that are just fine. Read posts and treat them as a learning experience and what to look for. Just like any other item in life, no one will post "went on another trip and nothing happened".

Welcome to the JOF!
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:39 PM   #4

I'm on my second unit. First was a different brand. I'd rate them equally and both have had little issues. Nothing to stop a fun weekend though. Just little stuff. Some caused by the owner. Just go into it knowing stuff will come up. It's not like buying a car. Even at purchase, you will find imperfections.

That being said, this site and others have a wealth of knowledge to help you through much of it.

Enjoy that new trailer.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
Just don't let all the negative posts scare you. Although there are campers out there with problems, there are more that are just fine. Read posts and treat them as a learning experience and what to look for. Just like any other item in life, no one will post "went on another trip and nothing happened".

Welcome to the JOF!
Long time boat owner, if it is anything like owning a boat (always something broken) then I'm pretty prepared for what I'm getting myself into. That said, the 2 year warranty is pretty much want convinced me to go with Jayco.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:51 PM   #6

Congrats on the new rig! We are waiting for our 28 DSBH to be born on May 1st.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:32 AM   #7

Congratulations and welcome!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:07 AM   #8

Congrats.... we just bought our 28DSBH White Hawk last month. Very happy with our purchase!!
Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution Hitch
tobywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dloucks View Post
Over spring break we took our family to Fort Pickens (Florida) and I think everyone realized that tent camping was not longer a "fun" way for us to vacation...we've just out grown it. Spent some time looking at local RV lots, and doing a lot of reading and finally settled on Jayco due to reputation, but even more so the warranty.

We've decided on a 28DSBH White Hawk, and we will be making the 5 hour trek to Cortland IL next weekend to pick it up.....can't wait.
Congratulations and Welcome! That is exciting. We did something similar; we just came home from a trip and decided it was time to get off of the ground. We bought a gourmet PUP, camped and x-country traveled the daylights out of it, and then we came home from a Southwest trip and decided it was time to move into a TT. Our Jayco experience is proving to be solid, more so than our prior RV experiences. That is a really nice camper you bought!
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #10

Congrats on your new TT. We purchased ours from the same dealership and Rick and Lisa were great to work with.
FLASHY35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #11

So... we took another trip and nothing happened... and we have a White Hawk 28DSBH. I did lots of research before buying this, our third TT. I've done a couple of things to repair small stuff and I have removed the sliding doors and added a ladder for the top bunk. As far as the trailer goes, there are really no problems. We've had it since August and have spent 25 (est) nights in it. Hopefully you'll be getting the new Goodyear tires and not the shoddy Raniers. So far, those Ranier tires have been our only problem, and they're gone. We replaced them with Carlisle tires and upgraded the load range from C to D. Welcome to the forum! We truly hope you and your family enjoy your new trailer. And, again, we took another trip and nothing bad happened.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #12

Thanks for all the replies...its reassuring to hear positive things about the 28DSBH as well as the dealership we are working with. Excited and nervous to get this thing home.