Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #1

Access panel on Island for Hot water bypass

I just purchased a 2014 White Hawk 30dsre and it doesn't have a cover plate to hide the access on the island. This is the access opening that gets you to the hot water bypass and the winterizing syphon tube. Haven't ask Jayco about this but wondering if these things should have a cover plate. Just looks unfinished as is and is very noticable when you open the cabinet door next to the sink.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #2
Site Team

I would think it should be covered.

You could cut a piece of luan plywood just large enough to over the hole and secure it with 2 small screws. That is how some on my rig are covered.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #3

Thats what I'll do if Jayco won't supply one. Would prefer if it was cut from the same paneling as the interior since its clearly visable when you open the cabinet under the sink.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #4

Hi Bassdogs,

The hot water bypass on my 30DSRE is under the lower shelf of the pantry. The 12volt water pump and winterizing tube are under the island.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Thats what I'll do if Jayco won't supply one. Would prefer if it was cut from the same paneling as the interior since its clearly visable when you open the cabinet under the sink.

Ron (Augie)
2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA
2013 Ram Laramie 3500 (Dually)
Curt Q20 hitch
Raugustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #5

You would of course be correct. I hadn't bothered to get down and look closely. The question is, did your's come with a cover over the access hole?
Old 08-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #6

Hi Bassdogs,

yes it did have a cover that seems like a piece of 1/8th inch plywood loosely jammed in there to cover the pump. It's not really well designed just something to cover it up. I think a black cloth with Velcro strips would be a better solution.

regards,

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
You would of course be correct. I hadn't bothered to get down and look closely. The question is, did your's come with a cover over the access hole?

Ron (Augie)
2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA
2013 Ram Laramie 3500 (Dually)
Curt Q20 hitch
Raugustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #7

Just got my response from Jayco on the open access for the pump. "It was a design decision to allow for quick access in an emergency", as their excuse for not covering the opening. I ask them to go out on the factory floor and pick up and send me a piece of scrap paneling so I can make my own cover. We'll see if they come thru. In the mean time I'm going into my shop today to cut one from my scrap pile. Sorry Jayco, this was not your greatest customer service response.