Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #1

accessories to add/remove for my incoming trailer

Hi Folks,

I'm starting to access some of my existing accessories, and thinking about new accessories for my new trailer.

Some items I won't be needing any longer is my 'dorm' style refrigerator that I keep on a small table out on the deck. I use this primarily for drinks like beer, water and soda. Primarily beer! My new 38FDDS comes with an 18 cu residential style fridge, so between that and a my 120 qt cooler, I should get by easily w/o the extra fridge.

Some other accessories I plan on MAYBE doing away with are my beautiful Cape Cod strings of lobster and fishy light strings that hang from my awning as the new trailer will have the LED awning lights. I'll have to access the factory awning lights before I make a final decision.

Accessories to keep: include my 20' pressure treated deck and my wooden shower stall behind the trailer. The new trailer has 2 slides so I'll have move and re-assemble the shower (and solar light) to go in between the slides where the shower faucets are located.

I'm planning to keep my existing roller cart to keep small kitchen stuff on such as the toaster oven, coffee maker,etc..

I'm also going to keep my 4 man coleman tent and air mattress just in case I have an overflow of guests that I just can't accommodate inside the trailer.

For new accessories, I'm looking to get a new progressive industries EMS.

I'm also looking for a portable coffee table to keep in front of the sectional sofa (see attached) when it's not being used as a sleeper.

Does anyone know of good collapsible coffee table? I've poked around on the web, but haven't really seen anything I like.
Attached Thumbnails
38fdds sectional.JPG  
jloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #2

Wow! Nice rig!
gloryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:13 AM   #3

If the awning lights are like ours, they are bright!!! So I would suggest keeping the other lights for the lower light output when you don't need the "daylight like" awning lights....

Can you ever have to much beverage capacity??? Lol

Congrats on the new rig!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:29 AM   #4

I did find a collapsible footstool on Walmart's website. Normally $30 for $20. It's brown vinyl and has a pretty flat top (one button in the middle of it). Maybe it could double as a coffee table? Can be used for storage as well or collapsed down. It is quit nice for the price...
DeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:45 AM   #5

Clearly this is a permanent site for the TT. You have a 20' wooden deck and a shower stall on the site. OK that's great but are you really worrying about the space that a string of lights take up in storage? Is a portable coffee table a must have accessory? Loose the mini fridge but the cooler takes ice and the bigger inside fridge is after all "inside".

My suggestion and the strategy we used with our upgrade a couple years ago, take all the stuff out of the old TT and lay it out for inspection. Go thru the tools, the kitchen stuff, the nic nacs , the toys, the outside stuff, etc. and set the stuff aside that you haven't used or even remembered that you had. Don't load up the new TT until you have purged all the useless stuff and have made a list of the obsolete or needed new stuff. Then when you're really bored, I'd sit down and think about stuff like a protable coffee table.

Enjoy
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
If the awning lights are like ours, they are bright!!! So I would suggest keeping the other lights for the lower light output when you don't need the "daylight like" awning lights....
My thoughts exactly. The LED strip is very bright, which is great for eating dinner, playing cards, playing cornhole, etc.

We were camping earlier this month in a beautiful park in Gettysburg and just needed a little bit of light outside to see to put the kids away, get the dogs out, etc. We have a small string of lights we hung from the awning that just gave a soft glow to illuminate tree roots, rocks, etc so we could safely walk around. I would suggest you keep your accessory lights, you might find yourself with the same need.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post

My suggestion and the strategy we used with our upgrade a couple years ago, take all the stuff out of the old TT and lay it out for inspection. Go thru the tools, the kitchen stuff, the nic nacs , the toys, the outside stuff, etc. and set the stuff aside that you haven't used or even remembered that you had. Don't load up the new TT until you have purged all the useless stuff and have made a list of the obsolete or needed new stuff. Then when you're really bored, I'd sit down and think about stuff like a protable coffee table.

Enjoy
Good and sensible suggestion. We have everything already boxed up and labeled from my existing TT. It's all been brought home to go through as you suggest. Coffee table is something we'd been thinking about. It'll serve as a card/game table when the weather is bad. We have plenty of time to sort that out.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
Good and sensible suggestion. We have everything already boxed up and labeled from my existing TT. It's all been brought home to go through as you suggest. Coffee table is something we'd been thinking about. It'll serve as a card/game table when the weather is bad. We have plenty of time to sort that out.
Just like moving, a new rv is a good chance to purge stuff. Live in the same place for several years and amazed how much we pile on. New RV is the same. I removed over 25 lbs of tools alone. Also got rid of extra camp chairs, BBQ devices that I had to have but never used, and all those extra glasses, cups, duplicate measuring cups, piles of tv cables, old remotes, and chargers that have nothing to charge.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #9

Although this is not the model we have, a 'table in a bag' may be a solution.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #10

x2 on the extremely bright LED awning lights.

Keep your string lights (we continue to use ours).

A future mod for consideration is a dimmer switch.
Autometer Gauges (EGT, Trans & Water temp, Boost)
K&N Cold Air Intake;
MBRP 4" Turbo Back Exhaust
Curt Class IV Receiver Hitch
Prodigy P3 Brake Controller; ProPride 3P Hitch 1400#
dsmith3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:48 PM   #11

Really liked the idea on Gone NoMad (YouTube) of using an old steamer trunk for a coffee table. Tons of storage for linens and pillows for the sofa, and easy to move with handles on the ends. Lots of character too.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #12

Sounds like the LED awning lights are brighter than what I'm imagining. I'll definitely hang on to my own strings. A steamer trunk is a great idea! It would be perfect for storing linens as mentioned. I can't believe I didn't even think of that when that's what we have at home! Duh!

There's an ice company right down the street from the campground. The ice is relatively cheap. I've had ice last 4/5 days when people remember to properly close the lid. Plus l like having access to ice for my small beach cooler that I can just grab from my big cooler.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #13

We have 2 inexpensive collapsible cubes [foot stools] and store towels etc inside each.