Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #1

Accordian door upgrade

Has anybody changed out their bedroom accordian door to a solid sliding door? is it as easy as just screwing the track to the ceiling? we want to make this upgrade to our trailer.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #2

The G2 bunkhouse model has the sliding door. It goes on the track, plus jayco trimmed it up with decorative wood to cover the track.. If ou look at some photos online you can probably find it... Our dealership wanted to charge us $700. to put one in. We decided to do it ourselves, and then switched to the idea of a bifold door, so we have custom ordered one to size and hope to do that mod in a couple of weeks.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #3

Hello, I am new to this forum. Was looking through and this is actually one of the mod's that I would like to do except would like to put in a full door just like our bathroom door. There is enough room to do it but we would also need to put up a partial wall as well. I was just wondering if anyone has ever done this mod? If so, direct me to the link, would love to see pics!! Also, wondering where I would get the parts to do this mod (i.e.; wall paneling and the door, etc.)
Lilwranglergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #4

Hello Lilwranglergirl and welcome to the forum. Stop over to the New Members forum and say howdy.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilwranglergirl View Post
Hello, I am new to this forum. Also, wondering where I would get the parts to do this mod (i.e.; wall paneling and the door, etc.)
You can order a wooden hollow core door in just about any size from your local home depot. However, when you install it you will need to rip the frame down to a narrower depth.. as the walls in a trailer or only an inch wide. You will also need to trim up one side of the door to match the depth of the new frame.

i don't have photos of my install yet, but I will post them once it is done.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #6

I am just looking at putting a sliding door in place of the accordian door. My golden retriever decided she wanted in and put her head under the door and walked in. The door is okay yet but not like new now. I looked at setting the track on the bedroom side of the wall and screw it in place. Hopefully it is that easy.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post
You can order a wooden hollow core door in just about any size from your local home depot. However, when you install it you will need to rip the frame down to a narrower depth.. as the walls in a trailer or only an inch wide. You will also need to trim up one side of the door to match the depth of the new frame.

i don't have photos of my install yet, but I will post them once it is done.
Hello Ladywendolyn,

Can't wait to see your install I would love to do this mod. Let us know how things come along! Thank you!
Lilwranglergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #8

One thing with bi-folds to be mindful of is if you have little ones or for that matter anyone not paying attention that fingers get pinched in those folds very easily!

JMHO.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote