Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolittledrummer View Post
My daughters are 7,3, and 2 and my sons are 2 and 1.

I'm going to keep working them down on the 25, but on the first shot o can get into the 267 for well under 20. To your point, I think it will be tight, but it could work.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Yeah, with 5 kids you will be converting living space to bed space regardless of the 25BH or the 267. Bunk space is the same. Some people like the bath vanity outside the bathroom. I like it inside. The positive to it inside is it makes the bath a bit bigger for getting dressed. The benefit to it outside is someone can be taking a shower or using the bath while others are outside brushing teeth and such.

Another one to look at might be the 242bhsw. It has a U shaped dinette that I think makes into a bigger bed than the sofa and bench dinette. Not sure what you are planning for sleeping arrangements but you could have the 7 year old in top bunk 2 kids in the lower and 2 in the dinette. This way you only have one bed to convert. Verify that it coverts but I think it does. The GVWR is a little higher than the 25BH at 7000 but that is the max weight and you don't have to load it that heavy. It is only 250lbs more than ours. Still running close to the limits but not as close as you would have with the original camper you were looking at. It is very similar to the 25BH with a bigger dinette at the sacrifice of the sofa.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:01 AM   #22

Update: picking up a 264BHW from Riverside CA. Pricing was great, dealership was very helpful and it's a quick 4 hour drive away. Had better pricing in Texas, but it was 14 hours and 1000 miles one way.

Feel comfortable with the specs, and will have 2 kids in each of the bunks, and our baby in a pack and play I top of the dinette. When he's older we will have our 2 boys (currently 1 and 2) and 2 youngest girls (currently 2 and 3) share the bunks, and our oldest can sleep where she wants (dinette, couch, tent, floor, etc).

It's going to be tight quarters, but that's half the point to camping anyway, and I only expect us to be inside in bad weather and for sleeping.

Party on and happy camping!
notsolittledrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:17 AM   #23

Congratulations on working it out. As the kids get older you may find they might want to pitch a tent or something as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk