Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #1

Adding a quick connect?

We have a 2014 264BH without a propane quick-connect outlet, and I'd like to add one. I ordered the RV connection hose for our Camp Chef stove, so it's ready to go, but getting the trailer ready has been a problem.

Near the back under the kitchen there is a distribution block where the fridge, oven, furnace, water heater all connect to the main line coming back from the tanks. There is one extra connection on the block, presumably where the quick connect option would be, that has a plug in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399133284.356886.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	12800

I assumed it would be a simple matter to order a hose with the fittings on both ends and maybe even a bracket for the far side, but apparently not. I've talked to parts guys at 2 Jayco dealers, a small rv dealer in town, and several propane shops... Nobody had the slightest idea what to do for me.

Has anyone actually done this? (Adding a quick connect to their trailer) is there a part number from Jayco, or something from another manufacturer? I've scoured amazon & google, but haven't found anything.
skylarkva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #2

You can certainly run a hose from that manifold to an appropriate propane QD permanently mounted to a convenient place on your TT frame rail. Other folks on here have done this recently and maybe they can help with sourcing the parts.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:59 PM   #3

That's a simple mod. You can use the unused outlet on the distribution block. If you are familiar with working with copper tubing, that would be my choice since it's going to be run outside and will be exposed to the elements and road debris. Look at one of the existing hoses. If there is a size marked on it, the fitting is going to have the same size threads. (3/8" hose-3/8" NPT threads) You should be able to find a hose that will mate with it if that's how you decide to go. It's not rocket science, you just need to figure out what is required and put it all together.A local propane place will probably be able to help. I can't tell you what parts you are going to need because there are different ways to go about it. Your best bet is to find a knowledgeable guy at your local hardware store. The RV dealership parts guys usually are not much help with projects unless you want to hire them to do it.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #4

I did this to my 2014 264bh. Please look I the mods section and you will see all of my mods for my trailer. I have done many. The propane outlet was easy. I has a hose shop make the hose and I installed it. Thanks

Happy camping
apscubaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarkva View Post
We have a 2014 264BH without a propane quick-connect outlet, and I'd like to add one. I ordered the RV connection hose for our Camp Chef stove, so it's ready to go, but getting the trailer ready has been a problem.

Near the back under the kitchen there is a distribution block where the fridge, oven, furnace, water heater all connect to the main line coming back from the tanks. There is one extra connection on the block, presumably where the quick connect option would be, that has a plug in it.

Attachment 12800

I assumed it would be a simple matter to order a hose with the fittings on both ends and maybe even a bracket for the far side, but apparently not. I've talked to parts guys at 2 Jayco dealers, a small rv dealer in town, and several propane shops... Nobody had the slightest idea what to do for me.

Has anyone actually done this? (Adding a quick connect to their trailer) is there a part number from Jayco, or something from another manufacturer? I've scoured amazon & google, but haven't found anything.
Sorry if this is old, did you ever get this sorted out? I’m wanting to do the exact same thing.
mBuxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:07 PM   #6
Site Team

If you have the same propane distribution block, with a spare port, you'll need a length of hose with 1/4" male pipe thread fittings, a quick connect assembly, and some cable clamps to secure the hose up.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:45 PM   #7

Mine has 3/8 hoses going into the distribution block, should I assume the plug is 3/8 as well?

Sorry wife is out at the camp site with trailer and I’m working for the week. Trying to find the parts to assemble when I get there.

Also would it be a bad idea just to get a double ended male connector and connect the quick connect right there coming out of the distribution block? It’s really exactly where I want it already.
mBuxx is offline   Reply With Quote