Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2016, 07:24 AM   #1

Air Conditioner Issue

I have a 2016 Jayco Jayhawk 2016 28 BHBE. Used it 10 times since buying in January 2016 I have it set up at a permanent site. Sat. my main air quit blowing cold air. The fan works only. Fortunately my bedroom unit worked great and used a fan to blow cold air from bedroom to the main area. Very disappointed that this went out this quick. To pick up and haul this 90 miles back to the dealer is a real pain. Does Jayco offer mobile warranty service? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:35 AM   #2

Ask your selling dealer or Coach-Net (1 year roadside assistance provider). My 2016 (38FDDS) is at a seasonal site also and I have no means of hauling it. My selling dealer has been to my site (130 miles away) for warranty work.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:03 PM   #3

Sounds like Campground Electric Power Issue

I would check to make sure your getting proper voltages from your campground electrical power supply.

My unit does this when the voltage drops too low. There are other threads on here regarding this issue. Verify the simple stuff before you assume it is your AC unit.
Doboy Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:35 AM   #4

No Voltage Issue

I talked with my service guy at my dealer. He was very helpful and gave me what he would check first.. I'm going to look to see if this is issue on Sunday.
I could not find the other threads that you mentioned on this subject.
Also a Jay Flight not Hawk. Guess ready for Football season.

Thanks for your responses.
Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:39 AM   #5

A/C control boards have a nasty habit of melting the relay that controls the power to the compressor. It's pretty easy to spot (black, melted and smells like smoke) once you get to the control board. The board is usually located in a gray 4x4 box behind the intake grill. I'm sure other brands have different configurations but the boards are pretty easy to swap out if that's the problem.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:40 PM   #6

jayco approved a mobile repair place to work on my trailer while i was away for 40 days for work,i paid the $125 service call and jayco paid the bill for parts and labor,i just had to call them and get authorization

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote