Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2016, 09:01 AM   #21

I have had some issues with my 355W toyhauler and still haven't got them resolved, after taking ownership in May of this year. Customer response from Jayco is slow.
basque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:04 AM   #22

Yes, Maxxis is actually Cheng Shin Tire. They have made dirt bike tires for several decades. Used to be they were the low price leader. Nowadays, they make really good tires, and that old low-price reputation was left behind with the brand name change to Maxxis around the world. They are a good value for the money.

Having said that, would be great to see an American made product competitive with overseas manufacturers. It's extremely difficult to do that. I would know. The company i work for makes most of the product destined for North America right here in the states. It's a difficult sell against lower priced competitors. But in the long run, we have 50% market share, and that's been relatively stable for a long time. Our saving grace is that our products are extremely heavy, and are expensive to ship from overseas. So, it partially offsets the much lower labor rates of China and South America. Not all products have that saving grace.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:05 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by basque View Post
I agree, its all about money.
It is but it's we as consumers who drive this. It's about money for us as consumers too. Most buying decisions factor in price point. Every manufacturer knows that and will cut corners to make the most sales.

The reality of Chinese made products is that if a given Chinese manufacturer is held to a standard by contract, they can make as good of a product as anyone. If you own an Apple product, it's made in China. And most people who own Apple believes they make the best of the best.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote