Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan0171 View Post
I ordered the Jayco with every option available except for the television. It seemed pricey for a 720p panel.
I'm pretty sure it's 1080p LED, not 720p.

It's a $450 TV on the Furrion website, but Jayco charges $750. I'm assuming it's because of the wall mount and any additional wiring.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:21 PM   #22

MIFL19H, your swoosh graphics blowed right off your TT!

Sweet setup!

olyelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:01 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I'm pretty sure it's 1080p LED, not 720p.

It's a $450 TV on the Furrion website, but Jayco charges $750. I'm assuming it's because of the wall mount and any additional wiring.
Not sure which Furrion Tv they use but I only found one 39" on the Furrion website. Model number FEHS39N8A. If that is the correct one, the specifications show the max resolution as 1366 x 768@60Hz FHD. The television will accept a 1080p signal but downscale it to the panel resolution. A true 1080p panel is 1920x1080 which is almost twice the resolution.

In reality most people will not notice the resolution difference on such a small screen especially from more than 5 feet away. What is usually more noticeable is the processing / scaling that is done to resize the image. Also I'm just a bit of an audio video enthusiast so it's in my blood
Logan0171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Not sure which Furrion Tv they use but I only found one 39" on the Furrion website. Model number FEHS39N8A. If that is the correct one, the specifications show the max resolution as 1366 x 768@60Hz FHD. The television will accept a 1080p signal but downscale it to the panel resolution. A true 1080p panel is 1920x1080 which is almost twice the resolution.

In reality most people will not notice the resolution difference on such a small screen especially from more than 5 feet away. What is usually more noticeable is the processing / scaling that is done to resize the image. Also I'm just a bit of an audio video enthusiast so it's in my blood
Ah yes... I see that. You are correct sir.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:08 AM   #25

I will be heading out soon to the dealer to do my PDI and hopefully pickup the unit if everything is to my liking. I have the PDI checklist from this site printed out and ready to go. If all goes well I will be spending the next 2 nights at a campground about 10 miles from the dealer.

If anyone can think of things to look for during the walk through that are not covered in the PDI checklist, please let me know. For those wondering about the 2017 model cutover, according to my VIN number I'm getting a 2016 model. It supposedly was built last week. I was a little worried for a while because from what I've read so far there are no must have options for me in 2017 but they are eliminating the MORryde suspension which is something I definitely wanted.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:34 AM   #26

Quote:
I will be heading out soon to the dealer to do my PDI and hopefully pickup the unit if everything is to my liking. I have the PDI checklist from this site printed out and ready to go. If all goes well I will be spending the next 2 nights at a campground about 10 miles from the dealer.

If anyone can think of things to look for during the walk through that are not covered in the PDI checklist, please let me know. For those wondering about the 2017 model cutover, according to my VIN number I'm getting a 2016 model. It supposedly was built last week. I was a little worried for a while because from what I've read so far there are no must have options for me in 2017 but they are eliminating the MORryde suspension which is something I definitely wanted.
Good luck with the PDI! Double check for the MORyde. Sometimes they change things mid year w/o notice.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:27 AM   #27

Quote:
... but they are eliminating the MORryde suspension which is something I definitely wanted.
I wonder why they would do that? Are they having any issues with the system?

Old 04-22-2016, 08:33 PM   #28

Good luck with the PDI Logan. Our 28BHBE just arrived at the dealership, we're looking at it tomorrow and hopefully bringing it home on May 2nd.
2006 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi QC (2006-2015)
2007 Jayflight 29BHS (2007-2016)
Roaddane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:28 PM   #29

Wow, what a long day. PDI went well. A broken drawer was quickly fixed and a protruding screw above the microwave was covered with a piece of trim. Also the decorative wood trim around the slide out was coming loose on the bottom near the entertainment center. The equalizer hitch install was another story. Fortunately the campground I'm at for this weekend was about 13 miles from the dealership. I will re-torque everything tomorrow. Or I should say torque everything tomorrow as not once was a torque measurement taken when they set it up. Actually after their first attempt they kept blowing the fuse for the tongue jack trying to lift everything high enough to get the bars on. Eventually once I got involved the head angle was reduced and the L brackets lowered.

I did notice some things on the slide that I pointed out and was told that is normal.

1. On the edge of the roof (on the slide) above one of the side windows, there is a staple protruding under the roof material. The dealer said it would not catch on anything and was not a problem.

2. The slide motor does not "stop" when putting the slide in and out. On my last trailer the slide motor would stop when the slide was fully in or out. On the Jayco the motor continued to run and makes a clicking noise almost like a gear is slipping. The tech said that is how you know when to stop pressing the button.

3. When the slide is retracted the side closer to the front of the unit lookes like the floor is a good 3 inches off the floor of the main unit while the other end seems normal (minimal gap). The bottom of the slide is definitely not even when retracted. With that said the seals seem to be good with no sign of light coming through anywhere.

What does everyone think? Is this really the norm for this model?

Also to followup on my earlier post I did get a 2016 model with all the options ordered. MORryde and all. My only disappoinment was that only one wall outlet was installed in the kitchen to the left of the window. I have seen many dealer pictures showing an outlet on either side of the window. There are also 2 access panels cut on the wall of the lower bunk. I haven't openned them yet but I'm assuming one is to access the shower faucet and the other seems to be for something right up near the back wall. Maybe the city water hookup. There is also a handy access panel under the mattress to get to the bypass valves on the water heater.

I was also worried about the electric stabilizers after reading how much some people don't like them. I will say that so far I'm pleasantly surprised at how stable the trailer is. Time will tell. I had the pleasure of setting up for the first time in a huge downpour. Sidenote, that 50amp power cord is a beast. Good news is no leaks spotted yet. I'm pretty sure this is the first time the trailer has seen rain.

One last thing. The trailer towed great. The truck felt like it didn’t know the trailer behind it grew 10 feet and doubled in weight. I definitely noticed the extra length when maneuvering turns though. In the short trip I never saw the sway command activate. Maybe on the way home. I'm curious to see if it really helps. Dealer said this was the first unit they received with it.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:21 AM   #30

Regarding #2, it depends on the type of slide you have. This is how our slide is, you hold the button until you hear the ratchet sound both extending and retracting. Our previous Jayfeather was the same way.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #31

We have been out 5 times with out 2016 28 BHBE. When I winterize it in November (brought trailer home the middle of October) I found a lot of metal drill bit drill shavings back around the hot water heater, and under the kitchen sink, used the shop vac to clean it up, but I honestly think the dealer should have done this on the prep. Also, if you hold the foot pedal down for a while, the tubing clamps would leak a little water right where the tube attaches to the toilet bowel. Also, like you, when my slide is fully retracted, the floor also sticks up a little higher at the front by the sofa than it does behind the dinnette.

Our slide makes the Rachet sound too.
Mine tows great too. Don't have sway issues . The dealer set it up where the nose of the trailer was a little too high and I had some sway. After getting it home, I parked where it was level and lowered it about 2 inches. Now it sits perfectly level and no sway issues.

Congratulations on your new 28BHBE

It would be nice if others with the 2016 28 BHBE chime in here on the slide and see if it is a common thing or not.
Attached Thumbnails
20151025_165859.jpg  

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:20 PM   #32

Our slide does the same thing... this is the first Slide we have had and the Tech explained it the same way, drive will click when fully in and out, it took it as like on your cordless drill where you can set the level of drive slip for when driving in screws, it will slip when the torque value is reached, so far no issues but I have only opened and closed it a handful of times.

If I remember correctly our slide is a little higher off the floor in the front as well but when it is out it is flush.

As for the Power outlet.. like you I was praying we got both outlets and luckily we did, one on each side of the window, that was one thing my wife wanted for the galley was an extra outlet.

The lack of consistency was a reason we asked for our Bath Hardware and the Storage Nets and hardware for the bunks to be shipped loose because depending on who assembled it that day depended on where they put these items. We have mounted the bath hardware and have chosen to leave off the nets so no extra holes in the wall. Also I asked for an AC Vent INSIDE the curtain on the Top Bunk and they did this.

Did they do this on yours? Was wondering if they are doing is for other units now.

The Access panels are for the Shower Faucet and the other I believe is to get the Black Tank Backflush connections, from what I have read on the forum, I have not opened them up myself.

Yup... that 50 amp cord is definitely a step up over the little 30 Amp cord.

At 60/65 MPH my F250 knows its back there, but so far all the towing I have done has been in our heavy March/April winds, next trip is mid May so hopefully will be better.

How Many washers did you end up with on your Equalizer and are the brackets lowered with only 1 hole at the top?
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco 11.jpg  
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:40 PM   #33

Quote:
One last thing. The trailer towed great. The truck felt like it didn’t know the trailer behind it grew 10 feet and doubled in weight. I definitely noticed the extra length when maneuvering turns though. In the short trip I never saw the sway command activate. Maybe on the way home. I'm curious to see if it really helps. Dealer said this was the first unit they received with it.
Hey Logan, mine has sway command on it, too. I read a lot about it beforehand and my understanding is that it will stay green unless it detects a sway event where it needs to intervene. So it might be a good thing that you never see those lights red...

Sway Command Travel Trailer RV Tow Control Technology

Congrats on your trailer and all going well for you!!!
Old 04-23-2016, 10:09 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFL19H View Post
Also I asked for an AC Vent INSIDE the curtain on the Top Bunk and they did this.
We did a preview our 28bhbe today at the dealership before they pdi and I did notice an AC vent in the ceiling in the bunk area.
2006 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi QC (2006-2015)
2007 Jayflight 29BHS (2007-2016)
Roaddane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:40 AM   #35
BJR

Quote:

2. The slide motor does not "stop" when putting the slide in and out. On my last trailer the slide motor would stop when the slide was fully in or out. On the Jayco the motor continued to run and makes a clicking noise almost like a gear is slipping. The tech said that is how you know when to stop pressing the button.

3. When the slide is retracted the side closer to the front of the unit lookes like the floor is a good 3 inches off the floor of the main unit while the other end seems normal (minimal gap). The bottom of the slide is definitely not even when retracted. With that said the seals seem to be good with no sign of light coming through anywhere.

What does everyone think? Is this really the norm for this model?
We have the 287BHSW and experience the same on both accounts.
BJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:09 PM   #36

Quote:
Also I asked for an AC Vent INSIDE the curtain on the Top Bunk and they did this.

How Many washers did you end up with on your Equalizer and are the brackets lowered with only 1 hole at the top?
We did get an AC vent in the upper bunk. I have seen this in a few samples prior to buying.

The Equalizer was setup with 2 washers but the setup was wrong. I actually didn't even notice until I returned home yesterday that the L brackets were not even installed at the same height from side to side. I checked the hitch bolts before leaving the campground and the ball was under 120 ft-lbs! I will redo the setup before our next trip. The ball is about 1.5 inches too high from my measurements.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:26 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestoy7 View Post
Hey Logan, mine has sway command on it, too. I read a lot about it beforehand and my understanding is that it will stay green unless it detects a sway event where it needs to intervene. So it might be a good thing that you never see those lights red...

Sway Command Travel Trailer RV Tow Control Technology

Congrats on your trailer and all going well for you!!!
Thanks for the info. It occurred to me that I have not seen it light up at all. I checked the wiring and it looks like there was a loose connection in the wiring box. Might have been from the dealer adding a second battery. There were a total of 4 wires on the vehicle brake line that were poorly attached together. One wire was literally shoved into this black rubber cover that was over a factory crimp. Kind of the equivalence of holding wires together by a rubber band. I replaced with a proper wiring nut and it lit up as soon as I turned the power back on.

Trailer did great for our maiden voyage. I did have a mishap changing the faucets out. I stripped the plastics fittings in the bathroom while connecting the new faucet. A quick trip to Lowes for some inline valves with a couple of stainless steel lines fixed that. I plan on starting another thread to document the changes I have planned. All I've do so far are the bathroom and kitchen faucets.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:06 PM   #38

Those of you with the slide that sits low on one end, be careful- you might want to have the alignment checked. We have a 2013 28BHBE, when the slide was closed, looking at the outside it sat noticeably lower towards the rear of the trailer, probably a couple of inches.

It ended up gouging the vinyl floor in front of the bunks. Jayco approved replacing the entire vinyl floor and adjusted the slide to level. I was obviously concerned with the flooring being replaced, but the dealer (Keystone RV Center in Greencastle PA) did a marvelous job.

Just something to watch out for....
Old 05-10-2016, 05:50 AM   #39

Quote:
I reconfigured everything after the dealer setup. Had to drop the head 1 hole lower on the shank. Using 2 washers and the brackets are centered with I believe two holes on top and bottom. Measurements look good but I haven't driven this setup yet.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:08 AM   #40

What size bars are you guys using on the Equil-izer hitch? The dealer sold us the 10k pound unit. Is that enough?