Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
I had to have all four E-brakes replaced on a 2 year old Jayco. Brakes were from Dexter. Brake issues on jayco seems to be a common problem.

Barndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #12
25 BHS Brake Assembly and Listing to one side issues.

I appear to be a couple of years late, but I would like to share the experience I am having with the 2010 25BHS I purchased from local dealer as a second owner last summer. It has a 1 1/2 in. list to the passenger side which we sort of poo-poo'ed as because trailer was not on level ground. I had my 30+ years of experience RV mechanic friend look and it and he saw what appears to be a difference in the springs. He took one off of each side and found a 3/4 in difference in the two. He called Dexter and determined that the axles (Dex# 1732526) are #4400 axles. I ordered a new set (4) of #4800 springs from E-Trailer. He saw no damage to the undercarriage of the trailer to indicate any history of damage. Dexter also told him that the axles came with 10 " "Nev-R-Adjust" Brake assemblies. Mine had no adjusters. I ordered 4 new brake assemblies. I then looked on the Dexter website and saw that Dexter sold 10" brakes assemblies with and without the auto adjusters and sold models for before and after June of '09. E-trailer only carries the ones with adjusters and apper to be Dexter brand. Instead of "missing" the adjusters, were they just shipped from Dexter or modified by Jayco without the adjusters?
Well, the shoes were pretty well worn and it was due for new seals anyway. At this time, I am expecting (hoping?) for the parts to come in and to wind up with a trailer with a complete set of proper springs, 4 new brake assemblies (I needed pads anyway) and upgrade to some of the hardware and no more list to the passenger side. If I am wrong, I will be back to forem.
I would welcome any (constructive) comments and advice.

tomanderson is offline   Reply With Quote