Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2016, 10:34 PM   #1

Thumbs up Another Outside Stove Thread

Hello All,

We're soon to take delivery on a new 16XRB. Coming from a Coleman pop up, one of the first things we noticed (like so many others here) is the desire to have an outside stove. Doing a Google search is how I found this forum.

When we were at the dealer, we took notice of the Carryout Stove that is available in the new Jayco pop ups. After going round and round with our dealer and Jayco directly, we finally got a price on the complete stove - approx. $550!!! I have the part number if anyone is interested...

So, a little searching on eBay found this one, which is what we ended up purchasing:
New Amazing RV Gas Drop in Cooktop Portable Stovetop w 60" Connector LP Hose | eBay

I'm going to make a box for it and purchase the mounting rail and leg and go from there.

Here is another one that I found, and I was leaning toward buying, until my wife saw the price! This website is awesome and has the rest of the parts that I will need to complete the project:
Outside Stove | coleman pop up parts
This one is cool because the base is self supporting and no leg is needed.

It will be a few weeks but I will post pics when I get everything together. Hope this was helpful.
FIREBUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:40 PM   #2

I never found 1 I liked, I bought a Camp Chef 60. Lots of options and extras available.
FoxRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:30 PM   #3

FIREBUGMAN- We were able to purchase the same carry out stove (with matching part number) for $251.15 from Fretz RV in Souderton, PA.(800-673-7389 Fretz RV | RV Dealers in PA | PA RV Dealers | PA RV Sales | New and Used RV Sales) It retails for $279.06. They gave us 10% off for the final price. I don't know how much shipping will be but I was happy to have something that I can direct hook up to our camper propane. I like the look of it too.
Good luck in your search.
2 Golden Retrievers, Cooper & Claude
:campfire: :campfire:
Ewingfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewingfamily View Post
FIREBUGMAN- We were able to purchase the same carry out stove (with matching part number) for $251.15 from Fretz RV in Souderton, PA.(800-673-7389 Fretz RV | RV Dealers in PA | PA RV Dealers | PA RV Sales | New and Used RV Sales) It retails for $279.06. They gave us 10% off for the final price. I don't know how much shipping will be but I was happy to have something that I can direct hook up to our camper propane. I like the look of it too.
Good luck in your search.
I like the look as well. We ended up buying the set-up that I listed above from eBay. I'll probably have about $200 in it by the time I finish. Had I known that there was a better price for the Jayco, I might have gone that route instead.

Good luck with yours and let us know how it is when you get it!!!
Old 06-20-2016, 10:37 AM   #5

Scroll thru my "Mods" post to see how ours turned out:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...tml#post420363