Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #21

I agree
Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #22

Me too. That makes three of us.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #23

I will just add my two sheckels. Our trailer has been at the dealership for the past 6 weeks. I noticed a leak in the roof near the front of the trailer about one year ago and brought the trailer into the dealer for warranty work. After having the trailer for about two weeks, they could not find the leak so they put in new gaskets on the storage doors (one on each side). Well to make a long story short, I noticed it still leaked about two months ago. Brought it back into the dealer and told them it still leaks. They claim they have been looking for the leak for the past month to no avail. When I brought the trailer there this last time, we (dealer and I) noticed that the bottom half of the front of the trailer (fiberglass) was starting to warp. They ordered an entire front section of the trailer which will be done late next week, hopefully with this correction, they can find the leak. I have until April for my mfg. warranty and was wondering what will happen if the trailer still leaks after that point. The dealer stated that they have it well documented about the leaky trailer and if anything were to happen after my warranty runs out, Jayco would stand behind it.

In summary, although I've had multiple issue's with problems, Jayco has stood behind their product to my satisfaction and hopefully they will continue to do so if I encounter problems with the leak after the warranty runs out.
chopshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:28 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopshop View Post
snip........ The dealer stated that they have it well documented about the leaky trailer and if anything were to happen after my warranty runs out, Jayco would stand behind it.......snip
Get it in writing ASAP, and then call Jayco directly confirming they are on board with what the dealer is saying.

I would do this no matter who the original manufacture is.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #25

I spoke with Tony at Jayco today about not being happy with the work that the dealer did on my trailer last time it was in for repairs. (took it back 3 times before it was fixed right) Tony told me I could take it to a non Jayco dealer for warranty work as long as the dealer makes arrangements with Jayco before the work is done.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 10-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder View Post
snip......Tony told me I could take it to a non Jayco dealer for warranty work as long as the dealer makes arrangements with Jayco before the work is done.
Ernie,

If you go the non-dealer route, go with one that has a reputable/established working relationship with Jayco (if you can), they won't have a learning curve on documentation and process requiements....., as well as invoicing and payment terms (Service Dealer & Jayco).

Hope it works out for you.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
Old 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #27

Thanks Bob,
There's a mom & pop rv repair in our town that has delt with Jayco before. They take pride & do a good work.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 10-10-2011, 05:38 PM   #28

Im going to have to check my 330 tomorrow it has rained here quite a bit and I havent been in unit recently to check on anything, now Im getting worried.The sad part of buying any rv nowadays is that the quality is just not there,I dont feel to bad when my friend just spent about 250K on a motor coach and has had numerious issues,How much do you have to spend on something not to have problems?My 330 was purchased in this past May and my list so far has been,electric stabilizer jacks,refridge fan,outside city water connection loosened inside and leaked into unit,now black water flush system leaks,havent got that one fixed yet.I had my 98 Terry tt and never had one issue,I loved the 330 floor plan and I usually hold on to a camper for while,now Im getting scared.
novaplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #29

Mine leaked on the dinette slide in the upper corner on the door side. Hopefully yours didn't leak.
Do a search on Black tank sprayers.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 10-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #30

Just checked my trailer out and no leak issues at this time.Does the tt that leaks have awnings on slides?
Old 10-11-2011, 06:23 PM   #31

I am glad your trailer didn't leak.
I don't have awning slides. It shouldn't leak with or without them.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 10-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #32

When do you get your trailer back Ernie?
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #33

Hopefully by the 21st. We have camping reservations on the 23rd.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 10-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #34

I hope that they do it right Ernie. Moisture is a real pia.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #35

Moisture leads to MOLD.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 10-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #36

Good Luck with the repair and let us know how you make out.The only reason I was asking about the awnings is that Im wondering how good the seal is around My tt I have awnings and maybe that stops the water from directly hitting seals,but in any event it still should not leak.Im going to call dealer up today to see what they say about my black water flush leak(its just a pia to go drive back 3hrs to dealer and hopefully I can wait for repair)
Old 10-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #37

As soon as I get the leak resolved I will put awnings over the slides.
You can fix the black tank leak yourself, just loosen the under belly and look for the flush line to the black tank. The nipple at the black tank needs to be removed & put teflon tape on the threads & re install it.
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
Old 10-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #38

Ernie, sorry to hear about the leaks. I guess we were lucky in that we have not had hardly any problems with our 33 RLDS, except for the self adjusting brakes. We are kinda thinking that with all the problems that people are having with the 330 RLTS, maybe Jayco should have done more R&D. I know that things will get better and then it will be time to enjoy yourselfs. Later Ernie
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:43 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder View Post
As soon as I get the leak resolved I will put awnings over the slides.
You can fix the black tank leak yourself, just loosen the under belly and look for the flush line to the black tank. The nipple at the black tank needs to be removed & put teflon tape on the threads & re install it.
I`m a plumber by trade and pretty mechanical so I`m not affraid to fix black water flush leak,but I dont want to have to cut open underbelly in wrong area or void any other future warranty concerns saying I tried to fix myself.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:25 AM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaplum View Post
snip....but I don't want to have to cut open underbelly in wrong area or void any other future warranty concerns saying I tried to fix myself.
If you have your dealer access the black tank, make sure you inspect how they re-attached the cut-out underbelly section before you leave service center. Check for openings/gaps, and make sure they put enough screws w/flat washers back in.

Once a section is cut out, there are two ways to close it back up. First, using the same cut-out piece of underbelly, add some trim wood on the "backside" of the panels at the seams to screw the panels to (see pic below). Second, install a new larger piece of underbelly material overlapping the existing underbelly panel and screw into it (wood could be used for added screw backing).

The purpose of using the trim wood is to give the screws something thicker than the existing underbelly material to attach to.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS