Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2015, 04:03 PM   #1

Any 338rets mods out there.

Just got our 2016 eagle 338rets travel trailer. Love it but wondering if anyone did anything about the lack of counter space (besides the island option) and where do you put the garbage can.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:40 PM   #2

Just got my338rets also love it so far. I bought this item from Amazon Camco 43753 Hardwood Stove Topper and Cutting Board. It rides going down the road does not slip.
we put a small trash can in front of the inverter.
Did your put in the washer dryer? If not did your dealer tell you about the grey tank fix so that you can use both of them at the same time.
popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:15 PM   #3

I was looking at adding the island option to ours. We put a small can in the corner by the door and table, but it's not ideal.

Popcorn - I don't have the washer/dryer and would like to know how to use both grey tanks...

Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:19 PM   #4

Tone the two tanks are not plumbed together anywhere put at the main sewer pipe. The fix is to buy a twist on valve and open both grey valves and they will fill together. Then when you ready to dump close both greys and open your new master valve. I always dump the black first and then the grey to flush my hose. I also just leave the new master valve on the trailer all the time. I showed my dealer how to do it and they called Jayco and confirmed that without redoing it all this is the fix. If you don't do it you only have 32 gallons of grey instead of the 64 on there specs
popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:32 AM   #5

We purchased a folding table made from wood. It's about 32 inches square on top and normal table height. We use it with a cutting board as a prep table for food. It folds and stores between the recliners for travel.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote