Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-16-2015, 07:43 AM   #1

Any 33RSKS Owners Out There?

Curious about a LOT of things...but one thing in particular. Do your theater recliners have screws down into the slide in the front? IF so, are they backed out or screwed all the way down?

Other than that, any issues to note with your rigs? Mine has been good to me so far. Minor shower leak that was easily fixed with some new silicone. Also, a squirrel and/or chipmunk chewed a hole through my propane line under the camper.
Bigsur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:46 PM   #2

No? No 33RSKS owners out there? Wow.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:20 AM   #3

Hey we are new owners of a 2016 33RSKS!! We have had some minor issues since taking delivery August 30th. just got back from a 3100 mile trip to upstate NY back to Dallas, Texas. This model is very comfortable. Wife luvs the layout. Pulled and tracked well on road trip. Stayed nice and warm with the furnace and electric fireplace on some mornings in the mid 30's. Had a few water leaks. Toilet water line fitting was loose, just tightened it. Went ahead and checked shower drain fitting behind panel in front of shower pan and tightened drain fitting. Also had a slight leak that I traced to cold water fitting at bottom of cold water handle under island kitchen. Needed a basin wrench for this but camper was scheduled to back to service department for a small part that was ordered for j molding so decided to let them fix that leak since it is a awkward position to get at that fitting. I was wondering same thing about theater seats. Will take a look when we get rv back before next trip. Did you have an issue with slide grabbing awning when retracting? Jayco sent a bracket to the dealer that they installed that solved the issue before our trip. Also had the dinette slide adjusted. It was retracting to far and table would be rubbing against kitchen island. will upload pics later.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:27 AM   #4

owner of 33rsks here
harleysandtattoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray56 View Post
Hey we are new owners of a 2016 33RSKS!! We have had some minor issues since taking delivery August 30th. just got back from a 3100 mile trip to upstate NY back to Dallas, Texas. This model is very comfortable. Wife luvs the layout. Pulled and tracked well on road trip. Stayed nice and warm with the furnace and electric fireplace on some mornings in the mid 30's. Had a few water leaks. Toilet water line fitting was loose, just tightened it. Went ahead and checked shower drain fitting behind panel in front of shower pan and tightened drain fitting. Also had a slight leak that I traced to cold water fitting at bottom of cold water handle under island kitchen. Needed a basin wrench for this but camper was scheduled to back to service department for a small part that was ordered for j molding so decided to let them fix that leak since it is a awkward position to get at that fitting. I was wondering same thing about theater seats. Will take a look when we get rv back before next trip. Did you have an issue with slide grabbing awning when retracting? Jayco sent a bracket to the dealer that they installed that solved the issue before our trip. Also had the dinette slide adjusted. It was retracting to far and table would be rubbing against kitchen island. will upload pics later.
Nice!! Let me know about them seats. No issues so far with the awning. Watch the mirror on the outside of TV turntable!!! Mine fell right off....fairly heavy mirror held on by nothing but a few finish nails. I'm actually going to put something decorative back in its place instead of the mirror.

Other than that....minor shower leak in bath, cable splitter was poorly installed, and my dinette blind cords snapped for no reason. For the most part, I've been able to handle all repairs myself except the blinds but I plan to do that as well.....trying to avoid a trip to a dealer if possible.

Let me know if your seats are screwed down tight as discussed!!!!!!

Thanks so much for the reply.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:02 PM   #6

Be careful tightening the front screws on the theater seats. They are long enough to go through the floor, and can catch on the main floor as the slide goes in and out. Wood shims under chairs will help. My mirror came loose as well.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws014 View Post
Be careful tightening the front screws on the theater seats. They are long enough to go through the floor, and can catch on the main floor as the slide goes in and out. Wood shims under chairs will help. My mirror came loose as well.

Good advice, thank you. What did you end up doing with the mirror? Did you nail it back?
Old 10-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysandtattoos View Post
owner of 33rsks here

Please reply with any good information, questions, etc. I would love this thread to become a nice "go to" for 33RSKS owners specifically.

I have close to 20 years of backpacking, camping, Rving, hiking, fishing, outdoor loving experience. I LOVE working and maintaining my rig. Sharing the info with common owners is a very nice bonus.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #9

....as well as learning more. There's always something new.....
Old 11-01-2015, 11:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsur View Post
Good advice, thank you. What did you end up doing with the mirror? Did you nail it back?
It just came off a couple weeks ago, I haven't done anything with it yet.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #11

Quote:
It just came off a couple weeks ago, I haven't done anything with it yet.

Gotcha. I'm going to put something else back in its place, just to cover the screws from the tv bracket that have damaged the laminate. The mirror is just too heavy.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsur View Post
Gotcha. I'm going to put something else back in its place, just to cover the screws from the tv bracket that have damaged the laminate. The mirror is just too heavy.
Well I took out the swivel with the TV on it. And built a wall like the 2016 33RSKS have. I have the stock TV inside and a 42" TV under the hatch. I think I like it better now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2016, 10:09 AM   #13

Quote:
Well I took out the swivel with the TV on it. And built a wall like the 2016 33RSKS have. I have the stock TV inside and a 42" TV under the hatch. I think I like it better now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Like to see some pics!!!
Old 04-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #14

I have on and the furniture is screwed down .I unsecured it and moved it toward the back to give more room on the dinette.
Wadejordan is offline   Reply With Quote