Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by altar1 View Post
When I ordered my Jayco, I asked them to dispense with the outside speakers, but they left them on. Unless I am camped all by myself away from people, they will never get used. I have never understood why some campers think it is ok to play their music and annoy others around them with it.

Tom
I could not agree with Tom more. Our new 1007 popup has a stereo with outside speakers, but only because available 2011's were dwindling and that's how the unit came equipped. The outside speakers will get used when pigs fly. (My wife told her coworkers we planned to use them to drown out the sounds of loons and cardinals.) I will take the high road and not presume that the original poster and others who have replied here play music outside their campers while in close proximity to others. I sure hope they don't.
Rapidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:31 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Not only is the sound not that great, The FM reception is downright lousy and it has an exterior roof antenna. I can only receive the closest of stations. The radio in my garage with just a dipole antenna picks up way better then that thing does.
Crabman, I don't feel so bad now that I see that the FM reception is lousy at best. I tried to use the radio on my first camping trip and got nothing. :drooling:

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #23

Get the Bose portable - use it in side and out - sound is amazing.
Flashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:14 AM   #24

At home on our outdoor patio, I have a pair of M-Audio AV40 powered speakers. Think I paid $100 for them and they're great. If you want volume, they will give it to you but they shine at a low/comfortable volume thanks to the bass boost. I connect an iPod Touch to them and never listen to any stinkin' commercials! When WiFi is available, I use Pandora and when it's not, I just listen to either music, audio books, or podcasts I've downloaded beforehand. You can't go wrong with this set-up.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #25

++++++
Fresno is offline   Reply With Quote