Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #1

Any Eagle Super Lite 298RES Owners?

We are looking at moving to this model. We like the facing slides and the room it provides, neo-angle shower, 8 cu. foot optional fridge, etc. If you own one of of these models, what do you like or dislike about it, or which option do you wish you would have got?

Thanks,

Mike
Current TV: 2010 Chevy 2500HD, CC, LB, Duramax/Allison

mikefos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #2

Just bought mine in Feb....

Can't wait to try it...need the 3ft of snow in the backyard to melt first I guess.

I think we pretty much got every option you can get including:
10gal DSI W/H
Electric tongue and stabilizer jacks....
alum rims...
table and chair dinette intead of the bench dinette.
I know there's more...just can't think of them now (and i don't have the brochure with the 'check' marks in it handy)

coffee color...

What's yours?

Tim (aka Workingchump)
workingchump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #3

Haven't got it yet. Just settled on the plan and options list. We like the room provided by the facing slides. May wait till Fall and try to get a 2011.

Options we want are:

* Hide-a-bed instead of J-Steel sofa
* 8 cu. ft. fridge
* Customer Value Pkg. w/ 15K BTU AC

Already have a nice electric tongue jack.
Current TV: 2010 Chevy 2500HD, CC, LB, Duramax/Allison

mikefos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #4

That's the thing we liked...the ROOM. 2 kids plus 2 dogs...BIG dogs. (GoldenDoodle and great dane).
All the options were pretty nice as well. 2 couches/hide-a-beds...customer value pkg...and so on.

We looked at TT's with bunks but thought...hmmm...the kids won't be with us in 5yrs...so will we be trading? Probably as the bunks will only be good for storage. Then we saw this one and it was the one. We said that this model will be one we'll keep as an investent instead.

The only thing I didn't like, compared to other models, was the lack of a small cabinet above the toilet in the bathroom. But that's really the only thing I found that it should have.

Good luck!!!

Tim
workingchump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #5

Our 330RLTS has opposing slides and they make for a great living area.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #6

Mike we have the 29RES. We love the slides being across from each other at the "living room" lol! We have only had it 3 weeks and camped twice. The kitchen area is great. We like the ottoman set up. We take it from the booth and set it in front of the rockers, turn on the fireplace and flatscreen and enjoy life! Bedroom is a bit cramped but it is ok with us. The bathroom layout is plenty large enough, shower is great and room to dry off after shower. Cant say we found any negatives yet. Maybe outside storage...
Have fun with whatever you get. Check out our pics in that section.
Jeff
jeffsr1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #7

We have one and love it. The opposing slides offer plenty of living space. The hide a bed is very comfortable and quick to set up and take down. The extendable dinnete is nice. There is plenty of kitchen space and the bathroom offers plenty of room for us. We have the electric jack and they work great and are self leveling. The electric awning is nice and has adjustable pitch. The outside storage is plenty big enough.

Now the down side... The bedroom offers minimal storage and it is a little too tight for us. However, the upsides outway the one and only downside for us.
scottm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #8

We got one in April and have used it 15 nights so far. We have the sofa 2 swivel chairs, the table w/4 chairs, fireplace. We love it! Had 6 adults in for drinks one evening and was very pleased was not crowed at all. My only negative is I am 6'4" and the master bed is a little short, not a major problem. My wife likes the kitchen and bathroom since they are quite big with plenty of space and lots of storage.
Turn2Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:00 AM   #9

Just one issue

I just bought my 298RES about 4 months ago. We love it. Been out numerous time from home in Cal, to sites in AZ. Everything is great. Until, I parked it at the house and opened my slides to clean, I noticed a slight crack on the small slide(swivil chair side) wall at the top of each side. Didn't think much because things happen but next trip the crack was bigger. I took it to the dealer and they took photos that went back to Jaco. Jaco told me the trailer needs to go back to facory to replace the side wall so they can beaf it up. Seems to be a know problem yet not enough for a recall on the 2011 models. It's really hard to see if your not looking for it. The crap is covered if the slide is fully open and particailly exposed when slightly open. I really love the trailer but I wish they would of looked into it more. I'm from Indiana so I'm taking it back myself on Jaco's expence. So I guess I still get to use it while It's getting repaired.
Just want all to keep an eye open for those cracks and get them checked out it they start.

Enjoy!!!
old462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #10

We love out 298res. It was a floor plan we never looked at. seen it on the lot and fell in love with it. We have about 25 nights in it since july. The is only one thing we wish it could do, we have the fire place, you can not run the hot water heat on electric and the fire place at the same time. You can only run one.

I do agree the bedroom is tight. But we are still young so it is not to bad. To make the bedroom more useable we went to wallmart and got the shelf units that attach to the cloths rod to put our cloth in. we do not need to hang alot of things up.

The cabinet next to the door, i am in the process of making it a coat closet. I took out the the top shelf.

I love this camper. Last weekend we had 6 adults and and 6 kids, plus 1 lab, in it all day. plenty of room.
Cfd225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:54 AM   #11

I think we got every available upgrade, but the one I have noticed the most going back and forth between campers, is the Glacier package. On nights it gets down in the 30's our floor stays warm and I don't need socks, versus mother in laws, where the floor is cold. Enjoy !!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #12

Thumbs up 2011 Jayco RES298

Bought the RES298 last year. Removed the 2 swivel rockers and replace with with 2 mid size lazy boy rocker recliner in a deep forest green color. The color went great with the coffee interior. Mounted a 400 watt inverter in side where the TV pops up so you can run the TV in remote areas without running the generator. The model we have does not have the Fireplace as we liked the full view of the rear window. The couch air bed is very comfortable. With a 1 1/2" obus foam on it, it still manages to fold up when you put it back in a couch. We put soft foam around the power outlet behind the couch so it will not cut the air mattress (straps hold the air matress in place when deflated). We also put a 4" obus foam on the main bed. Excellent choice. We made a table that flips up to the right of the sink. Allows for more room when cooking. Just remember to flip it down when you close the small slide. Put a wall light switch on the bedroom wall so you don't have to reach up for the light switch. Also switch all interior lights to LED lighting. With all interior lights on, LED uses 55 watt compare to the regular bulbs 550 watts. Great for wilderness camping when the generator isn't running. These are just some of the improvements I did to the Trailer.
Overall the trailer is great. Very roomy and nice and high off the ground. I pull this trailer with a 2010 - 1500 GMC Crew cab 5'8" box, 5.3 Engine with 6 speed. Truck is rated to tow 9400lbs. Trailer tows very acceptable with this truck. Fuel mile age ranges from 10 - 14 miles to the Canadian gallon ( depending on speed and terrain).....Jim

2010 GMC 1500 Crewcab 5.3 Liter 6 Speed Auto
2011 Jayco Eagle Super Light RES298
Bigjim is offline   Reply With Quote