Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #1

Any help you can offer... please

Well we had a stupid accident in our 26BH. Someone went to bed with the bathroom sink running. In the middle of the night I thought I heard rain hitting the camper - unfortunately, when I got out of bed, I was ankle deep in water. We immediately grabbed all towels, clothes, and anything else we could get our hands on to try to sop up the mess. Turned on fans and opened windows to air out as much as possible. The resulting damage seems to be to the corners of the dinette booths, corners by refrigerator, sink, etc, at the floor level. The pressed board (or whatever that is) seems to have disintegrated in spots, or it has opened up and is mushy-looking and soft. Is there anyway possible to fix those corners? Anything I can cover them with?

I'm really upset because I can't think of a way to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

Shellee
Shellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

not really. once that stuff has expanded it is done. Could try and inject construction glue in there and clamp it but unlikely it will hold
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #3

Check with you insurance company they "may" cover the damage.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #4

Yes hopefully ins will cover if you have a rider for flood coverage and i would have dealer look at it before adjuster so you know how much it will really cost
2006 JAYCO JAY FEATHER 23B EXP
EQUILIZER HITCH
Kellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #5

We bought a hybrid that was flood damaged in the rear floor. It had some pretty bad soft spots. I covered the whole floor with 1/2" plywood. I got a drawing from Jayco of the floor framing detail so I could find the location of the floor joists. I used drywall screws to fasten it down and counter sunk the heads. I used wood filler to cover the screw heads then put down new vinyl flooring. The extra height did not interfere with any cabinet door openings. It has worked well so far. I was able to have only one seam in the plywood and I made sure it was on top of a joist. LW
el-dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #6

Several years ago our then future son-in-law was sold a large fiver by a crook in Florida. On moving it to his transfer station in California the floor fell out. Turns out it had been damaged in Hurricane Andrew. After a lengthy effort his insurance did make a substantial payment. I with I knew more about it, but you may have some hope in that area. Good luck.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote