Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #1

Smile Any Jayco SkyLark owners out there?

Greetings. I am interested in any feedback about the Skylark trailer from other owners. We bought ours new 2 years ago and have snowbirded to Palm Springs twice now. We've had the usual problems with any new travel trailer, but we still enjoy it very much. We pull it with a Ford Ranger quite easily.

There are some drawbacks to the rig which are a result from the light construction materials used and sadly in some shoddy factory plumbing. This has all been fixed by warraunty, but our main concern is how low to the ground it is and I'm wondering if anyone has raised theirs by adjusting the axle?

Also the cabinets, although very nice design, are made from such a light material they don't hold screws very well and in one case the cabinet door has fallen off. Don't quite know how to solve that problem?
-Brad
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:44 PM   #2

Any Skylark owners now?

So, five years have passed, it appears, since this post started, but I thought I'd take a shot: My husband and I are about to buy a Skylark, 2012, lightly used, great seller. This will be our first RV, I've looked for years, and found nothing I like as well as this layout, FKV, and wondered if any folk who have had long term, or any, experience with this TT,might maybe alert me to any potential problems or concerns.
I've read about some great modifications, here, and started a list. The price is great, but still....we have one kid left to get thru college, so don't want to waste our resources.
Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Greenbarmom is offline   Reply With Quote